banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splitting Seymour Duncan Artist Humbucker Heresy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting Seymour Duncan Artist Humbucker Heresy?

P-Rails are out...I was tempted, but for this guitar, that would mean too many switches to worry about...

I am curious to know if any Artist Series humbucking pickups currently in the SD catalog are splittable under the "Custom Shop" option/guise.

Phat Cats ordered to go into the neck and bridge positions of a PRS style semi-hollow.

Love for single coil "2&4 tapped" but IMHO the bridge position was made for humbucking pickups.

Was thinking Phat Cat Neck with Artist Series Slash ("Splittable") Humbucker with push/pull to get both the Single Coil tone as well as that extra Humbucker tone without the extra buzz.

Possible? If so, what might I lose in the compromise in terms of tone (extra wires etc.) compared to the non-altered version and also versus the Phat Cats (Like Phat Cat/Phat vs. Phat Cat/Split Alnico II Pro APH-1)

Many Thanks in advance, she's in the que even as we speak!

Re: Splitting Seymour Duncan Artist Humbucker Heresy?

if they are being ordered from the CS, you might can get them however you want them. when I placed the order for my RTM, I was able to ask for it to be 4-con. it is also my understanding that you can ask for a lot of things to be done to most pickups via the CS (not 'all' things to 'all' pups, but a 'lot' to 'most'). just call them and ask... the CS would be the people to know for certain.

Comment

It is my understanding that the Slash set is not available with 4-conductor hookup wire. You could order one through the Custom Shop (The Slash set is regular Production) but it will not be called the Slash officially. Just tell MJ you want a humbucker wound to Slash specs but with 4-conductor hookup wire.

Comment

Thank you.

I thought it might be possible through CS.
        Will double check tomorrow.

BTW What is RMT?

Comment

RMT is the DiMartini model.

Comment

Originally posted by DustyCat View Post
            Thank you.

I thought it might be possible through CS.
            Will double check tomorrow.

BTW What is RMT?
            Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
            RMT is the DiMartini model.
            It stands for "Rattus Tonus Maximus".

Comment

However, that would be "RTM".
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Hot off the presses, I just receieved word via Custom Shop/Tech Support that a 4-conductor version waits in the wings to be released to the market on Mr. Slash's command.

It's up to him whether or not he wants to broaden his customer base and release a "splittable" version and/or Trembucker version of the current APH-2 Humbucker.

Comment

wonder if that has anything to do with his having a LP Axcess in his aresenal now?

Comment

It's true that Slash gave his blessing to shop floor custom versions of the APH-2, which would include such appointments as four-conductor cable, short-leg bottom plate, covers, etc. It has nothing to do with his LP Axcess. It's because I asked his manager and he said yes.

But first we need to do some behind-the-scenes administrative work to make this happen. If any of you have experience in product development, you'll know what I'm talking about: part numbers, bills of materials, assembly procedures, etc. So hang tight. We should be able to offer these customizations in the coming month or so.
                    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                      It's true that Slash gave his blessing to shop floor custom versions of the APH-2, which would include such appointments as four-conductor cable, short-leg bottom plate, covers, etc. It has nothing to do with his LP Axcess. It's because I asked his manager and he said yes.

the Axcess question would've been a stab at DustyCat's question about the trem-spaced... although the Axcess would also put 4-con to work as well. so then... how about updating us on the status of a trem-spaced model?

Comment

I have the APH-2 bridge in my strat's neck and it sounds beautiful. A 4 conductor version would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
                          how about updating us on the status of a trem-spaced model?
                          I believe that will be one of the options. Basically anything cosmetic that doesn't alter the tone.
                          Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                          Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

How sweet this is. I asked about this a while back and am glad to hear that Slash has given his blessing to make it happen.

I have a Slash neck in my Frankenstrat and it's just incredible. I love. Mates up really well with the Screamin' Demon in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                              I believe that will be one of the options. Basically anything cosmetic that doesn't alter the tone.

so people can't be calling in, asking for it to be shipped with an A8 mag. lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X