Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for blueman335 or anyone...about A3

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
    did that when I put some nickel covers on a few neck pups. just dip 'em in there. I think someone was talking about developing a method of 'spooning' in some wax if the cover was already on... but don't ask me, it was someone else's idea. lol!
    LOL I forgot to do that once... So I screwed the poles all the way down, put bits of wax in the holes, and melted them with the soldering iron until I couldn't get more wax to flow down inside.

LOL
    Nope...

Comment

Re: Question for blueman335 or anyone...about A3

after I built a few hybrids (neck and bridge) I was concerned about how some of the wax on the bottom of the flatwork was disturbed where the slugs settled into place. one of the neck pups was quite lacking in wax around there right off the bat. I ended up potting them all for about 10 seconds or so each (consdering projectguitar.com says to go 20 min!). no where near enough to mess with the bobbins, but enough to get a wee bit more around the bottom of those slugs and to make me feel better about it.

but no, it's nothing that need to be done for a mag swap. fire up the hairdryer for a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X