Fender Vintage Noiseless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Vintage Noiseless

Anyone tried these? I have 2 Strats, one with DiMarzio Areas, and the other with Lace Golds. Love how both sound though each is quite different. Just picked up an Am Std Strat for silly money, and want to try some other kind of pups. Any opinions?

Re: Fender Vintage Noiseless

The VNs are definitely less... sparkly sounding than the Areas. I have one in the neck position of one of my Strats and I'd describe it as having a smokey tone. It's definitely still Strat-like, but a bit darker. Then there's the Hot VNs, like what's in the JB Strat.

Are you looking for something Strat-like or something out there and different? What sort of tones do you tend to like?
    Nope...

Comment

my buddy got a set of the Vintage noiseless for his HSS strat
      he used two in his and gave me the third for wiring it up

use the 1MEG pots that come with
      this makes them much less dark toned

in my buddy's strat
      we put the 1MEG pots
      two VN
      and a Dimarzio DP103 in the bridge
      it sounds great

I put the third one in the center of a HSH RG4
      between two hot Carvin pickups
      with 500K pots
      its just way to faint and dark
      I have to swap it with something else
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
        Are you looking for something Strat-like or something out there and different? What sort of tones do you tend to like?
        No I like the regular Strat tone, and although I'm really pleased with the DiMarzio's I'd like to try something different "make" wise. The Fender VN's seem to have a love 'em or hate 'em thing going. I do like the tone Clapton gets with them though, but how much of that is the mid boost on his Strat?

Comment

IMO, the Fender noiseless pups are a downgrade from the Areas you already have.
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by mystique1 View Post
            No I like the regular Strat tone, and although I'm really pleased with the DiMarzio's I'd like to try something different "make" wise. The Fender VN's seem to have a love 'em or hate 'em thing going. I do like the tone Clapton gets with them though, but how much of that is the mid boost on his Strat?
            I like my VN. It's definitely different than the other Strat pickups I have. Like I said, it's darker and smokier, and that was before I installed the Clapton mid boost. The TBX control also goes a good way to bringing in some brightness, which I didn't have before I installed the boost.

These days, if I were to go whole hog on a Strat pickup set, it would probably be an EMG DG20 set going into a candy apple red Strat. LOL
            Nope...

Comment

Working...
            X