Bridge pickup in lp similar to screamin demon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge pickup in lp similar to screamin demon

Any thoughts? Similar output and frequencies...
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Re: Bridge pickup in lp similar to screamin demon

You could try the Screamin' Demon.

Nope...

Comment

I always felt that the DMZ Fred was similar...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I wanna keep it Duncan and already have the demon in my other guitar.
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
          I wanna keep it Duncan and already have the demon in my other guitar.
          The only problem is that you're looking for a different pickup with the same characteristics... That either leads you back to the same pickup or a different pickup that sounds different.

What do you have in the bridge position now and what's it not doing that you want it to. Let's get a baseline first and work from there. And is this a Gibson, Epiphone, or other? And what year (because with Epiphones you might have an alder body on older ones rather than mahogany).
          Nope...

Comment

It's an epi Zakk wylde custom w/ emg Hz. What's it not doin for me well they're emg hahaha. I'm not looking for the same bridge necessary but something in the same category. The demon is a medium output. It has growl bite and aggressive but not harsh in the treble. I use it as my main rhythm so I need the bridge to have extra bite sustains and clarity. Definition of notes is a plus.
            Mesa Stiletto Ace
            Gurus 5015
            Mesa Widebody 1X12
            Pedalboard

Comment

Mainly just looking for alternatives that are in the same category. For instance for neck pickups I would put pearly gates a2p and 59 in the same group. Very different pickups from one another but share similar characteristics
              Mesa Stiletto Ace
              Gurus 5015
              Mesa Widebody 1X12
              Pedalboard

Comment

If you are down with a custom shop model you could try my fave....the S-Deco! Same tight low end as the 'Demon but with broader mids and warmer highs. Wound to 12k, they are a little hotter, but are very clear and dynamic.

Comment

OK, so you're looking for something with good harmonics and medium output.

I'd say that you should take a look at the '59/Custom hybrid. That seems to be the popular pickup filling that spot right now. It's not obliteratingly hot and it's harmonically lively due to the mismatched coils.

Other than that, if you're not opposed to spending a good buck, check out the '78 or the EVH Frankenstein pickup. They're in the hot PAF range with good output and lots of harmonics.
                  Nope...

Comment

Custom 5 maybe? Hotter and... well, sort of there.
                    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post

I'd say that you should take a look at the '59/Custom hybrid. That seems to be the popular pickup filling that spot right now. It's not obliteratingly hot and it's harmonically lively due to the mismatched coils.

Other than that, if you're not opposed to spending a good buck, check out the '78 or the EVH Frankenstein pickup. They're in the hot PAF range with good output and lots of harmonics.

+1

Comment

You could try a Demon UOA5, sounds killer in my friend's faded V.....

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post

The problem with the '59/Custom hybrid is that it requires me to buy two new pickups.

The '78 is intriguing but comes with a $160 price tag. I'm contemplating doing the Slash A2P bridge to pair with my A2Pn...
                          Mesa Stiletto Ace
                          Gurus 5015
                          Mesa Widebody 1X12
                          Pedalboard

Comment

Full Shred?

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
                              The problem with the '59/Custom hybrid is that it requires me to buy two new pickups.
                              The good folk at Seymour Duncan have fixed that for you...

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

It's a regular production item now

Comment

Working...
                              X