Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with my Custom Custom

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
    You can take the A5 out of the 59 and put it in the Custom, and put the A2 in the 59, then wire it for parallel. If you like jangly cleans out of the neck, that is.
    Getting some great advice so far, but I have to say... this is just GENIUS! Don't know why this never occurred to me! Not sure for certain if this is what I will do, but it sounds like a good way solve both problems!
    MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Can you really be objective about this?

No. Weasel words and speaking for others is much easier than giving an honest response.
      This machine kills fascists

Comment

Quote from DR Newcenstein:" You can take the A5 out of the 59 and put it in the Custom, and put the A2 in the 59, then wire it for parallel. If you like jangly cleans out of the neck, that is. "

Originally posted by ExplorersRock View Post
        Getting some great advice so far, but I have to say... this is just GENIUS! Don't know why this never occurred to me! Not sure for certain if this is what I will do, but it sounds like a good way solve both problems!

If adjusting the pickup height (and screw height) does not fix it, this might be the way to go. But the Custom with a5 is going to have far more highs and lows. FAR MORE!
        Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

I have a schecter c1+ and the custom 8 is a winner. However, it is just too easy to swap the magnets that you already have so you should start with that. 59 a2 will be pretty good for the neck (I have a 59 uoa5) and the custom 5 will certainly add some nuts to your bridge pickup. If you think it is a little too scooped, the custom 8 will get you the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
            You can take the A5 out of the 59 and put it in the Custom, and put the A2 in the 59, then wire it for parallel. If you like jangly cleans out of the neck, that is.
            another vote for this plan.

although i do think you should be able to get the CC in a better spot; i've seen some incredibly sh!t factory set-ups on schecters here (australia, my theory is that this is why corts seem to be more popular here)

can you give us an idea of how far from the E strings the pickup sits, both open and fretted at the 24th?
            also, how high are the adjustable pole screws from the bobbin? the curvy top of the dome protruding and the side of the screw head sitting in the bobbin is a good starting point

the ebony board and maple neck ma be giving you more cut than you want, and all adjustments aside this just may not be to your taste. what amp you playing it through?

the honorable mr frank falbo swears by the screamin demon in the neck slot of a 24-fret guitar, but the 59 should make you happy too

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Still deciding, and I'm in no rush. A previous poster said that they were surprised I didn't like the '59n, but truth be told I do. I'm just looking to tweak and perfect that sound

Here are the options I'm thinking for the bridge:
              - Swap the bridge and neck mags to make a C5/'59-A2n
              - Drop a A8 in the bridge (I'm curious and want to keep the high output). Just not sure if this pickup will have good clarity
              - Grab a ceramic and go Custom-style

AND FROM OUT OF LEFT FIELD...
              - Probably not gonna do this, but I did just hear the Gus G. set and thought they sounded pretty bad ass.

Any votes?
              MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

Working...
              X