My 83' Custom died.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 83' Custom died.............

Think this is my first thread, maybe post, Anyway, my tech just tested it out and the slug coil is dead. Can Seymour resurrect a bad pickup like this if it's not too deep? It's an old friend, been in the same guitar since I bought it. I'm bummed.... VG

Re: My 83' Custom died.............

SD can fix it.
    Originally posted by Brown Note
    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
    My Blog

Comment

I sure hope so, I really appreciate your post Dr, you give me hope, truly! Funny how I can't think of ever putting another PU in this ax, like they were made for each other. Again thanks! VG

Comment

Contact the Custom Shop and talk with MJ. She can handle it!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Have no fear! SD proper, or any pickup winder can repair it for you.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Okay...you gotta show us a picture of the '83 or something!!!
            MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
            1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
            1988 Kramer Nightswan
            1989 Charvel Sambora
            2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
            Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
            Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure they can fix it for ya =).

I always wonder to myself though, what can make a pick up not work? Magnets don't go bad (usually right?), coils are just coils. The only thing I can think of is that if the leads somehow get desoldered? Or maybe they can disconnect from inside the pick up?

Comment

Well Duncan called and MJ is going to fix my pickup someone asked for pics, I got them uploaded to file manager but can't seem to find out how to put them in this post. Anyone wanna help? G

Comment

Ooooh. Let's get some pics of the whole thing!

Comment

Ok, shes ugly, beat modded played to death, but when I need a force multipler she's sounds (or did) like no other hard rock/metal ax i have ever owned.

Comment

Oh it has a GFS in it a friend let me borrow at the moment, fat pat, supposed be a custom copy..... it's not even close. VG
                      Last edited by voodoogreg; 06-05-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Ha! I had a feeling it was a Kramer! Sweet, man. Scalloped, too? That's a pure player's guitar and that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                          Ha! I had a feeling it was a Kramer! Sweet, man. Scalloped, too? That's a pure player's guitar and that's awesome.
                          How'd ya know? It's a proto they were shopping around at a music store I worked at. So I fell in love with it, the jobber siad it needed something "fine tuned" to it and came back with a thing called a "Floyd Rose" not a Rockinger or whatever the trem was. i was bummed, but not after a few gigs (at the tender age of 17-18) when I wanged all the damn night, and never had to tune it. She's evil but she's mine. VG

Comment

Beat up red paint + Floyd on the original wood screws = Kramer, to me. Either that or a Fender but there was no pickguard. It may also be a coincidence but I thought they had Schaller pups, stock, which would go with those old school 3 hole rings.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                              Beat up red paint + Floyd on the original wood screws = Kramer, to me. Either that or a Fender but there was no pickguard. It may also be a coincidence but I thought they had Schaller pups, stock, which would go with those old school 3 hole rings.
                              You need to work for the CIA lol! You know your ax's and floyds. Yep shaller PU's that came out pretty qucikly, and some new company called Seymour Duncan was getting some noise as the best PU out there.... :-) VG

Comment

Working...
                              X