Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy SD Ants non-aged.

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Re: Where to buy SD Ants non-aged.

You can't buy'em, but I've taken the relic'ing off the covers, replaced the slugs and screws and assembled'em in a short-legged baseplate with UOA5 mags.

I still have to put'em in a guitar, though. I'm setting to do it next week; most probably I'll be reporting about the outcome.

HTH,
    Last edited by LtKojak; 06-04-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

The aged covers are sought after. I'm sure SD would happily trade them for new ones and not even charge you shipping.

Comment

Non-aged Ants are called Seth's, which to me, is a better sounding PU.
        "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
        "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
        "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

singles or buckers?

you can probably order them right from duncan, might be a shop floor custom rather than full custom shop since its all cosmetic

Comment

I had an un-aged Texas Hot Custom that I got from Christian....unfortunately it was a CS item.

Luke
            “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
              Non-aged Ants are called Seth's, which to me, is a better sounding PU.
              Rick, the specs of both are different, and I've noticed the coil geometry of both types is different, too.

Next week I'm gonna find out how different or similar they are. Stay tuned!
              Last edited by LtKojak; 06-04-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                Rick, the specs of both are different, and I've noticed the coil geometry of both types is different, too.

Next week I'm gonna find out how different or similar they are. Stay tuned!
                I thought Ant's were just aged Seth's. I can't believe everything I read here! Damn.
                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

the wind is definitely different as well as the aging. not even the same specs

Comment

Working...
                  X