Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD pickup suggestions for HSH guitar

Greetings,

I was wondering what and which SD combinations I formulated would work on my alder and basswood bodied guitars. I mostly play classic heavy/thrash/power metal on standard E/Eb/D/Db tunings and I use the middle pickup for that clean, Strat-like tone and classical music. My guitar's other specs include a Floyd Rose Special tremolo, 5-way switching, 1 tone and 1 volume.

I'm a heavy rhythm-oriented guitar player and that means I do alot of heavy palm-muting, triplet spamming, and chugging in general so I'm currently looking at the TB-6 Duncan Distortion and the TB-4 JB Model for my bridge pickup though I have zero idea theoretically on how they may sound on both guitars.

For the middle strat coil, I'm currently looking at the Classic Stack Plus STK-S4 and I can't seem to find any other hum-cancelling middle Strat pickups from Seymour Duncan or am I missing something?

Lastly for the neck pickup, do you guys think that the SH-2N Jazz would suit me well? I'm looking for a slightly warmer and/or brighter, great for fast lead tones with loads of clarity.

Sorry for the long rant lol and thanks for your suggestions.
Working...
X