X2N - optimum height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X2N - optimum height?

What's the optimum height for an X2N to get the best sound without ridiculous string pull?

Is it better to have it set fairly low, and use 500K pots? I know it's a loud pickup, but don't know if it loses too much of it's characteristic sound if its set too low.
    "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Re: X2N - optimum height?

Last time I had one was a long time ago, but I don't remember keeping it extra low or having any sustain issues. I usually start around 3/16" and adjust from there.

Comment

Just mess around with it. I think I had it medium low if you could call it that.

Comment

Put a capo on the 12th fret and measure the height from the bottom of the string to the top of the pickup. I usually start with treble 2/32 and bass 3/32. I then remove the capo and adjust by ear.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
          Put a capo on the 12th fret and measure the height from the bottom of the string to the top of the pickup. I usually start with treble 2/32 and bass 3/32. I then remove the capo and adjust by ear.
          yep yep

2/32 and 3/32 on bridge, 3/32 and 5/32 on neck

As always - with a hawt pup, the sweet spot is usually a little lower. Not much, and it will still be loud, but not sound muffled, woofy, or warbly.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

^ what these guys said.
            just don't sit it 2mm next to the low string

Comment

Working...
            X