Looking for wiring diagram with both Coil Tap and Bridge-On Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for wiring diagram with both Coil Tap and Bridge-On Switch

So I have the Everything Axe pickup set and I am having my friendly local tech work on it. I am using a 3 pot configuration and want to use one push/pull pot to activate the bridge pickup (for the tele style Bridge/neck or all 3 active at once combos) and one to tap the bridge and neck pickups. The top tone knob I'd like to control the neck's tone and the bottom to control the middle (or middle+bridge)

For some reason my that tech isn't sure about everything works except the top tone pot is acting like a volume know for the bridge pickup. He is having to cobble wiring diagrams together, since we couldn't find one that has both a coil tap and Bridge-On switch.

I figured this wouldn't be that uncommon of a mod but I can't find any diagrams and my tech has said he's never done this before. He said that if I could find a wiring diagram it would help a lot, so I come asking for help: anyone have a diagram that does what I describe?

Re: Looking for wiring diagram with both Coil Tap and Bridge-On Switch

Just have the hot output from the bridge go from the coil tap switch to lug 2 of the bridge on switch. Then have lug 1 connect to the bridge pickups spot on the 5-way, and lug 3 connect directly to the volume pot input lug.
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Re: Looking for wiring diagram with both Coil Tap and Bridge-On Switch

Thank you for the swift reply, I'll show it to my tech and see if it helps any. Of course if any knows of a wiring diagram that does this I'd still be interested in seeing it.

Comment

I should probably put it more accurately by saying "the hot output from the coil tap needs to go to lug 2 of the bridge on switch"...
        "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Working...
        X