banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duncan Designed Detonator , I Got A New One On Order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Designed Detonator , I Got A New One On Order.

I ordered a new duncan detonator yesterday to replace the one that I screwed up last time, I tried to replace in my ESP LTD M-15. I have to remember that this time the Green wire goes on the 5 way switch and not the Black wire. Wish me luck this time fellas. It should be in on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Re: Duncan Designed Detonator , I Got A New One On Order.

good luck x10!
    have no clue what happened before!
    you will love this pickup. so perfect of a design.
    my youtube channel
    www.youtube.com/surfacexmusic
    my Industrial music for sale here
    http://surfacex.bandcamp.com/
    my soundcloud page
    https://soundcloud.com/surfacex
    my new soundcloud just for the gear demos i do
    https://soundcloud.com/surfacex-geardemos

Comment

Sounds like more happened than just switching wires around... Got a story for us?
      Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
        Sounds like more happened than just switching wires around... Got a story for us?
        I had installed one before and had the black wire on the five way switch which did work but, only for the bridge position. I could get some sound for the other pickup in the neck but only at a low level. I found out that I had to put the Green wire where I had the Black in order for the pickup to be compatible with the stock neck pickup of my guitar. When I went to do that, I accidentally cut the green wire a bit too long and totally screwed up the connection. I ended up having to re-install the stock ESP LH-100 Humbucker back in the bridge position until I could get a new one.

Comment

Well I hope this one goes better buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer Guy View Post
            I had installed one before and had the black wire on the five way switch which did work but, only for the bridge position. I could get some sound for the other pickup in the neck but only at a low level. I found out that I had to put the Green wire where I had the Black in order for the pickup to be compatible with the stock neck pickup of my guitar. When I went to do that, I accidentally cut the green wire a bit too long and totally screwed up the connection. I ended up having to re-install the stock ESP LH-100 Humbucker back in the bridge position until I could get a new one.
            Do you still have the pickup? That sounds like an easy fix. You can get 4-conductor cable for pickups from AllParts. I got a package of it that I keep in my tech bag. I also used it to convert the '59s I had in a Les Paul I don't own anymore from vintage braided conductor to 4-conductor.
            Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
              Do you still have the pickup? That sounds like an easy fix. You can get 4-conductor cable for pickups from AllParts. I got a package of it that I keep in my tech bag. I also used it to convert the '59s I had in a Les Paul I don't own anymore from vintage braided conductor to 4-conductor.
              care to post a how to/ cause I wanna do this to my 496r

Comment

So these pups sound like a tighter Invader right?

Comment

Originally posted by metalmachine View Post
                  care to post a how to/ cause I wanna do this to my 496r
                  Well, I don't have so much a how-to guide... But basically I followed this

and, following the Duncan color scheme, I connected the two wires from each coil and the ground to the four-conductor cable.

If I had a single-conductor humbucker (and some time) I would gladly do a photographic tutorial... But I don't have any appropriate pickups any longer. LOL
                  Nope...

Comment

Working...
                  X