tonehelp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonehelp

hey this is my first time i use this ,i need help i want to replace SD pickups on my jackson i want a strong midrage and great high end tone with great overtone harmonics sounds like joe satriani ,so could the sh-5 be good for my desire

Re: tonehelp

Hey hago!

Welcome to the forum

Few things, this belongs in "The Pickup Lounge". At the entrance of the SD User Group Forum, there is a list of rooms - underneath the title will explain what content should be put in the particular rooms.

If you tell us what gear you have, more specifically: guitar model, body wood, fretboard wood, type of tremolo (fixed, vintage, or locking), it will be much easier.

Now to the actual topic... IIRC Satch uses a PAF Pro in the bridge of guitar and in the neck a PAF Joe (prior to that, a Fred)... but if you want SD pickups, I think a JB would suit you (due to strong midrange and great highend tone with harmonics)... but I'm not sure if that will do Satch.

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

i have jackson ke2 with alder body and rosewood fingerboard with tremolo

Comment

Custom sounds good for it.
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

welcome to the board. I'm more a vintage type guy, so I'm sure when Santa lets up, someone will provide a clue to the right direction.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

custom custom has excellent and stong mids for any style. modeled after late 80's Van Halen tones is what a lot of us think.....

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

i like van halens tone i think you are right for the custom custom but as i know cc has no good treble it will not provide a high end ,or simply can you tell me what the relative of dimarzio s fred or PAF pro to seymour duncan

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                custom custom has excellent and stong mids for any style. modeled after late 80's Van Halen tones is what a lot of us think.....

Yeah, but he wants mids and highs, so I think a plain ol' Custom would be better.
                This machine kills fascists

Comment

If I recall correctly, there was talk of Satriani using the Pearly Gates set in some of his guitars.
                  Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I like the singing nature of a nicely overdriven amp backed by the JB.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                      If I recall correctly, there was talk of Satriani using the Pearly Gates set in some of his guitars.
                      This is exactly what I was thinking. Hey hago what kind of rig are you running into? I

If you are going into a hi-gain setup you could go on with a vintagey pup. For something with good mids AND treble in a PAF style pup you would want to go with the pup in question; the pearly gates. After that you might want to try the Seth Lover and A2P. The seth has a bit more treble and the A2P is very balanced. I wouldn't go with a 59 because it is going to sound scooped.

If you aren't going into a hi-gain setup go with something with some high output, custom, distortion, JB. The custom and distortion both use ceramic magnets and have a more aggressive character in their tone. The distortion has a larger magnet too pushing it over the top and making lots of harmonics and crunch. The JB is a raw sounding pup with an upper mid spike that cuts through the mix and has lots of harmonics as well.

All that is your bridge recommendations, for neck I'd go with a Jazz, or a PAF style pup. In an alder body you might want to consider another A2 magnet pup like PG A2P or a Seth.

Hope this helps.

Luke
                      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
                      X