JB/Jazz and JB/JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB/Jazz and JB/JB

I bought 2 pickups right before christmas and I just got the time to try both of them. First, I tried the JB/Jazz. I was impressed, but together, they seemed to be a little dull. Next, I tried the JB/JB. WOW. The best tone I've gotten outta my guitar ever. It is so edgy and has mids galore! (I love mids ) Just expressing my feelings. For my playing style now, I have found my pickups .

Re: JB/Jazz and JB/JB

The JB neck, when combined with a bridge pickup, can really bring out some king-sized sparkle. Maybe too much for some, but if you can appreciate it you can't go wrong that way. I tried it with a Custom in my bridge, I found similar results.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I've just come to the conclusion to go JB/Jazz instead of JB/JB. You've just confused me....
      The "battle" starts again...
      Maybe you have made clips of this shot out!
      Last edited by Marcel; 12-26-2004, 05:05 PM.
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I put an HB-102b (duncan designed JB) in the neck slot, and wasn't very happy with it. In the bridge, it lives up to the claim of "95% of the tone" of the real ones, so I know it's an alright pickup.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
          I've just come to the conclusion to go JB/Jazz instead of JB/JB. You've just confused me....
          The "battle" starts again...
          Maybe you have made clips of this shot out!
          well, the general consensus of people probably like the jb/jazz a lot more. The JB/JB has insane mids. I'm using it for some pretty high gain stuff, btw. Sounds stellar, ESPECIALLY SPLIT! But i do like the jb/jazz combo split a tad more.. its just really chimey and nice. I use distortion a lot more though so...

Comment

Working...
          X