Kirk Hammett's now using Duncans!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Hammett's now using Duncans!!

My friend who works at Seymour Duncan just told me yesterday that Kirk Hammett (yes, EMG playing Kirk Hammett) is now using a JB/Jazz setup in all of his live guitars. Anyway, I just thought it was awesome so I'd share.

Re: Kirk Hammett's now using Duncans!!

Umm....I hope it helps him to start playing leads...snicker snicker. St. bogus
    What happened to Hammet? Come on man I miss the SHRED!! It's got to be tastefull though. Angry or sad or just plain tearing it up. That album was boring to me. Check out Jonathan Donais from shadows fall if you haven't already. Now there is an up and coming metal guitarist. Speaking of RIP Dime im still torn. Don't know what you got till it's gone.

Comment

thats cool

maybe this is a sign of things to come!!

Comment

That's definetly awesome, and St. Anger was definetly a let down... So It's good to actually hear good news about metallica
        Rock On
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by faulkner153
          My friend who works at Seymour Duncan just told me yesterday that Kirk Hammett (yes, EMG playing Kirk Hammett) is now using a JB/Jazz setup in all of his live guitars. Anyway, I just thought it was awesome so I'd share.
          I'm wondering if your friend at SD might not want you leaking it here on the board, and claiming it came from an employee

Comment

Oh yah, But anyway i preffer the zakk wylde EMG kit, or the dmrz Dimebucker.
            My poor set

Metalzone MT-2 BOSS
            Crate GX-80

Phil pro stock pups

Cya.
            :headbang: Hail n' Kill :headbang:

Comment

Originally posted by faulkner153

A few years ago Kirk started using a 58 Les Paul and got a taste for passive pups then...maybe after a few years it just took over!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Great! I bought St. Anger the first day it came out and had to pay the full price which is something I never do (I'll usually be waiting for a better deal) but I was so convinced those albums would sell like hot cakes and I wanted that DVD! But I couldn't keep my eyes on the screen when I saw the DVD and couldn't listen to the full album at least not with breaks, meaning it made very little impression on me. It was so much of the same! Now knowing Kirk's going back to organic passives makes me excited about Metallica again, which I was convinced I'd never be again
                Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

who the hell is kirk hammett? :P
                  RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                  TS 7 (modded)
                  Hot Rod 50+ XL
                  Framus Dragon 4x12
                  V-AMP II for practice

Comment

krik used the Duncan Distortion years ago(james used the INVADER) on RTL and MOP in his gibsons.
                    I will not say which is better since that is a matter of need and opinion only.
                    i like the EMG stuff and also like the duncans
                    Excellent deals with,
                    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
                    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
                    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
                    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
                    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
                    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonDavid
                      Check out Jonathan Donais from shadows fall if you haven't already. Now there is an up and coming metal guitarist. Speaking of RIP Dime im still torn. Don't know what you got till it's gone.
                      +1 he is a good player! I will be seeing them soon, their tour with Lamb of God starts in March I think?

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
                      Squier P-Bass
                      Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

here is the duncan loaded gibson
                        Excellent deals with,
                        Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
                        Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
                        slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
                        guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
                        51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
                        king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

His flying V was a Gibson copy I believe, not a real Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION
                            krik used the Duncan Distortion years ago(james used the INVADER) on RTL and MOP in his gibsons.
                            I will not say which is better since that is a matter of need and opinion only.
                            i like the EMG stuff and also like the duncans
                            James used the Invader on Kill Em All and RTL. He switched to EMG's on the RTL tour and recorded MOP with the Flying V (Invader) and Explorer (81/81).

I'm not sure when Kirk switched to EMGs, but I think it was during the Kill Em All tour. I could be wrong though.
                            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
                              I'm wondering if your friend at SD might not want you leaking it here on the board, and claiming it came from an employee
                              I don't see why it would be a problem to have people knowing that. I doubt it will hurt their sales...

Comment

Working...
                              X