Ordering mags from Addiction-FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering mags from Addiction-FX

I will be ordering some A2s, A5s and an A8. Which size do I order? Rough or polished?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: Ordering mags from Addiction-FX

I believe that the standard size for Duncans is 2.5". As for rough vs polished, I'll let the experts chime in but from what I understand the roughcast tames the high end slightly.
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Comment

Originally posted by Push to Shuv View Post
      I believe that the standard size for Duncans is 2.5". As for rough vs polished, I'll let the experts chime in but from what I understand the roughcast tames the high end slightly.
      bIngo

Comment

2.50 x .50 x 1.25

A2 is better rough cast.
        A5 is better polished, but can also be obtained RC (if I want the highs tamed a bit on an A5 I would rather get a UOA5 = much better sounding).
        A8 is polished.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Addiction-FX lists the size I ordered as 2.444" long x 0.492" wide and x 0.125" thick. Is this approximately correct?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterE View Post
            Addiction-FX lists the size I ordered as 2.444" long x 0.492" wide and x 0.125" thick. Is this approximately correct?
            yes

Comment

It's a little short, but that won't hurt anything.

Some have said that they notice a slight softenning of the attack of the highs with a shorter mag.

Comment

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

I've been waiting for almost 6 months for my magnets from addiction-fx.
                I have a feeling that I have been scammed!

They said 2 months ago that they were going to send them with DHL but I haven't got any tracking info or magnets !

Last edited by lidesnowi; 08-04-2012, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I have never had to wait anywhere near that long. Call them and they'll get things straight.

A couple months ago people were having some problems, we think it may have been growing pains with addictionfx becoming so popular and getting behind in their orders, but I thought that was over. I had to wait a couple weeks once and when they sent me my order it was missing a couple mags. I called them and right away I got the two missing mags. Unfortunately they were the wrong ones. I called them again and got the correct ones in just a couple days and was told to keep the wrong ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by lidesnowi View Post

I've been waiting for almost 6 months for my magnets from addiction-fx.
                    I have a feeling that I have been scammed!

They said 2 months ago that they were going to send them with DHL but I haven't got any tracking info or magnets !

Wow , I've always ordered from there eBay and haven't had to wait any longer that a week tops
                    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                      I have never had to wait anywhere near that long. Call them and they'll get things straight.

A couple months ago people were having some problems, we think it may have been growing pains with addictionfx becoming so popular and getting behind in their orders, but I thought that was over. I had to wait a couple weeks once and when they sent me my order it was missing a couple mags. I called them and right away I got the two missing mags. Unfortunately they were the wrong ones. I called them again and got the correct ones in just a couple days and was told to keep the wrong ones too.

sounds pretty similar to my issues with them. I just made certain my last order with them was enough stuff so that I wouldn't have to order again for a good long while.

Comment

Right. I should have enough mags now to last a few years at least. I have A2, A3, A4, A5, UOA5, A8, ceramic, double thick ceramic. I might want to try an A9, however.

Comment

they actually just sent me a magnet that I did not order. it came with a reciept but never was charged for it. So as of now Ive got a free magnet. I tried to call but there was no answer. Ive never gotten an answer when i've called. Other than that, they have always sent me my mags on time

Comment

I've spoke with them tonight ,They are having Issues with the website & one other problem but are working endlessly, weekends & all to get caught up ....
                            be patient & we will All get our magnets

Comment

Working...
                            X