i need help choosing pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help choosing pickups

hi. im new to this forum. And im looking for a little help and advice.

Im looking at upgrading the pickups on my guitar. Its a 99 mexican strat with 2 single coils and a humbucker at the bridge. i dont really know much about the inner workings of the guitar, so im finding it very hard to choose the right pickups and to know what will work well.

I was thinking of having a really warm bluesy and jazzy feel for the neck pickup something more crunchy for the middle and a fat rocking thing going on with my humbucker. however i dont know if this will work and if i can achieve this.

i apolagise if this sounds stupid but i dont really know alot about this stuff.

Any help would be much apreaciated.

Thankyou.

Re: i need help choosing pickups

I dont really know what pickups to suggest to you but i will give you a bit of advice which should help. Just whatch that you dont get pickups that contrast each other to much just because if you put pickups in that sound to different from each other then what can happen is you dial in a good tone for your bridge humbucker then u go to the middle and neck positions and they dont so good then u dial the neck of middle in to sound good on ur amp and humbucker dont sound as good as it did before.

Also try to get them all roughly the same output. If u dont know what output is thats how much voltage i think the pickup sends to ur amps preamplifier and more output results in more volume and what can happen which it did to me is that i put a high out put humbucker into the bridge of my strat and fairly low out out singles in the middle and neck positions and u get a good amount of volume in the bridge and then i switch to the neck and its a quiet as a mouse. not good.

Seymour duncan have return policy which means if u dont like the pickup/pickups you can return them in a certain amount of days. Id suggest looking at the tonecharts on the seymour duncan website and just try a few out and see what u like. I hope this helps.

Comment

Re: i need help choosing pickups

The Custom Custom is supposively a GREAT pickup in the bridge of a Strat, for the neck id say go with an APS-2, and an SSL-3 in the Middle RW/RP. Hope this helps!

Toodles
      There is no spoone
      - The Matricks

Comment

Working...
      X