JB and distortion the same pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB and distortion the same pickup?

well i got a DDJ from latsmcgee and it is official they are not the same pickup at all. the DDJ is much more vicious and aggressive the JB is more about singing and harmonix. there is much more to it than just a mag flip. I put the DDJ in my godin and love it,destroys the custom-5 that it had stock. the JB is in my ibanez rg
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION View Post
      I was looking for info on my JB TB4 i bought last week and came across something that said the JB and duncan distortion are the same pickup only with different magnets? and also why was the JB changed slightly? It used to have a lower resistance and different magnet? where these not as good and duncan improved on it?
      I'm going the other way, soon I will be getting my DD with triple ceramic mags, I hear it has mid snarl/growl which is exactly what I need
      DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

No.

Comment

has this gotten to the point of being the equivalent of 'the magic bullet theory' threads on JFK forums?

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
            has this gotten to the point of being the equivalent of 'the magic bullet theory' threads on JFK forums?
            Has what gotten to that?

I see this as kind of like "Is an EPi LP and a Gibson LP the same guitar?"

Put a Distortion in each and throw it through a MArshall, for all PRACTICAL purposes, yes. Could we dissect the tone etc....yes. They are not the same guitar. But they will not be that different to most (except tone hound guitar players.)

That's cool - go for the exact sound you want/need.

What I see is guys talking about hybrids and mag swapped stuff with little knowledge of the base from which they came.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X