'59n and JB in 24" scale length results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59n and JB in 24" scale length results

Put a '59n and JB in a Squire Jagmaster a couple of months ago. I heard all kinds of stuff, "59n too muddy for 24 scale", and "JB too bright" etc, etc, etc.

These pickups rock in this guitar. The '59n works great with this scale - clean I can go from an almost acoustic sound to a Jazzy Byrdland sound. Dirtying it up a bit provides a nice fat soulful tone. The scooped midrange EQ isn't so apparent in this guitar.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with the JB. It sounds better clean than I ever thought it could, mixes with the '59 great (which is important since the guitar only has one volume and tone). It has more harmonics than I ever thought possible, and sings like no pickup I've ever used before. For a scale length that is supposed to have limited high frequency response, It'll cut through most anything with this pickup. Maybe I'm still in the Honeymoon period, but I'm thinking I like the JB better than the HFS in my PRS. Maybe it's the low high frequency content of the scale length, but the 500k volume pot works just fine with the JB too.

FWIW
Working...
X