LP...Replacing P90's with SM-2's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LP...Replacing P90's with SM-2's

Always dug the sounds that came out of mini's and just haven't developed a relationship with the P90's.
    I dig the Robben Ford tone and always loved the sound that Jeff Beck got with an LP Deluxe, and Love the Allen Hinds and Little Feat (granted...Strats mostly) slide sound, so... along comes this trade for a pair of SM-2's. From the description they wouldn't be my first choice on paper. Not playing paper however...and so, they intrigue me. I'm not generally a ceramic mag guy, and the output is higher than anything I'm used to playing regularly (59's, Seth's, Ibby S58's, and a plethura of Strat and Tele PUP's). Still, I am looking forward to hearing this Lester with these minis.
    I can't find much in the way of opinion (not that it'll stop the experiment), but...I am always interested in what folks here have to say. So, what do you think. Prepare to love this combo? Prepare to start trying to trade it for a vintage Mini set? In your opinion of course.
    When I get them in there and blow through some amps I'll tell you if your prognostications were correct.
    Thanks folks!
    Last edited by jbear; 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM.
Working...
X