Iconix Pickups -- check em out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iconix Pickups -- check em out

You think 4 is a good sampling to know about "most" humbuckers? Even 28?! Even if you have owned 4 times that many pickups, it wouldn't be enough of a sampling to make such a statement.

Heck, I've tried a couple hundred pups and wouldn't consider making such a rash statement. There are other forum members who have tried so many pups that they make me look like a noob, and I'm sure even they wouldn't say such a thing (mostly because it simply is not true).

And you still think it's a responsible statement to say "most good humbuckers...use ceramic magnets"?

(There's no way in the world that I would want to be 14 again. That age is the epitome of immaturity while believing they know it all ).
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

This was no sampling at all. This is ABSOLUTE ratio of alnico / ceramic high output pups of one of the best pup makers worldwide. Simple cold number , stat.

ONLY 14% OF HIGH OUTPUT HUMBUCKER THAT DIMARZIO MAKES ARE ALNICO. THE REST 86% ARE CERAMIC
      Period. No sampling. No personal preference involved at all.

As far as age goes, older ppl bear the burden of all the insecurities and fears accumulated over the years. Innocence goes with the younger ppl. Unfortunately. The hard part for older ppl (me included) is converting experience into love and wisdom, not selfishness.
      Last edited by greekdude; 09-17-2019, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by greekdude View Post
        This was no sampling at all. This is ABSOLUTE ratio of alnico / ceramic high output pups of one of the best pup makers worldwide. Simple cold number , stat..
        Of course you realize that this means absolutely nothing relative to your original statement.

ONLY 14% OF HIGH OUTPUT HUMBUCKER THAT DIMARZIO MAKES ARE ALNICO. THE REST 86% ARE CERAMIC
        Again, this means absolutely nothing relative to your original statement. Now you are making a ratio of alnico to ceramic magnets used in only "high output" humbuckers by only ONE brand. Originally you made a blanket statement that "most good humbuckers," (that's ALL INCLUSIVE...meaning low, mid, and high output, and by every pup maker), "use ceramic magnets". I could make a statement that "ALL (100%) of Seymour Duncan's "Custom" pickups (not C5 or CC) have ceramic magnets, but that would be ridiculously meaningless as well.

Get my point?

As far as age goes, older ppl bear the burden of all the insecurities and fears accumulated over the years. Innocence goes with the younger ppl. Unfortunately. The hard part for older ppl (me included) is converting experience into love and wisdom, not selfishness.
        I totally agree with you here.

Didn't mean to rag on you, but are we going to talk about "food" or just "grapes"?
        Last edited by GuitarDoc; 09-17-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

This was no sampling at all. This is ABSOLUTE ratio of alnico / ceramic high output pups of one of the best pup makers worldwide. Simple cold number , stat.

Period. No sampling. No personal preference involved at all.

"Love and wisdom" are not opposites of selfishness by any means.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            "Love and wisdom" are not opposites of selfishness by any means.
            I am not an anglosaxon so I cannot know the specifics in your culture. In my culture those two are totally mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              Of course you realize that this means absolutely nothing relative to your original statement.

Again, this means absolutely nothing relative to your original statement. Now you are making a ratio of alnico to ceramic magnets used in only "high output" humbuckers by only ONE brand. Originally you made a blanket statement that "most good humbuckers," (that's ALL INCLUSIVE...meaning low, mid, and high output, and by every pup maker), "use ceramic magnets". I could make a statement that "ALL (100%) of Seymour Duncan's "Custom" pickups (not C5 or CC) have ceramic magnets, but that would be ridiculously meaningless as well.

Get my point?

I totally agree with you here.

Didn't mean to rag on you, but are we going to talk about "food" or just "grapes"?
              you missed the "that I know of" part. And even then, the stats I presented fully supported the informal experience.

Comment

I am not an anglosaxon so I cannot know the specifics in your culture. In my culture those two are totally mutually exclusive.
                Oh, believe me, I know. I'm of Greek descent on my Mother's side. And it's not restricted to just that culture.
                It's a corrupted idea shared by a most of humanity. And it is utterly incorrect.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

you missed the "that I know of" part. And even then, the stats I presented fully supported the informal experience.
                  Too much rationalization. I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                  X