banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple ceramic mags vs single large and regular ceramic mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Triple ceramic mags vs single large and regular ceramic mags?

Kinda, I wouldn't call it loose, more less stiff. it's also brighter.

Honestly, I didn't really like the triple mag DD or invader that much, I like them both with one big ceramic or an A8 better.
    Last edited by King IzzO))); 08-09-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
      You want tight, put the mags from an invader in a custom.
      That sounds sick. Ive never used an invader let alone pulled one apart. How are the mags stacked in there and what spacers are used? I love the custom pickup with just about any mag. Its my favorite wind and this triple mag is something ive never though of. Can you elaborate a bit?

Comment

The side magnets from the invader are the spacers. The center magnet is big like a distortion. The wires must be rerouted when putting them in other pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
          I have. Its an interesting pickup its still basically a distortion but its got a much bigger mid push and a cool grind to it. The highs are pulled back a bit it doestn seem to scream as much as the double thick ceramic does. The only part i didnt like was the bass was a bit loose which kinda drove me nuts but depending on your style it might be actually exactly what your looking for.
          Sound like the triple C mag DD is kind of like a BKP painkiller but with more palm muted punch ????
          DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

"War is the failure of the human spirit" - A.J.P. Taylor

Comment

I've never tried a fat ceramic mag without the side mags. Might be interesting. I've also thought about trying a regular thickness ceramic mag in my 500T. I've tried A3 and A5 in it, but I haven't tried the stock 496R mag that I have floating around.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Dark matter is correct, you have to desolder and reroute the leads to put the triple mags in a custom or something else unless it was originally a single wire pickup, the sides are usually open on those.

Right now I have my 500T with the spacer mags pulled. It's kinda nasal in the mids, but I'm not done messing with it yet.

Comment

Kinda, I wouldn't call it loose, more less stiff. it's also brighter.

Honestly, I didn't really like the triple mag DD or invader that much, I like them both with one big ceramic or an A8 better.
                I am guessing it takes the lows down a hair also?

Comment

A little, but the main thing is that it's not so stiff and you gain some dynamics. It's kinda like going from a formica drum pad to an actual drum.

Comment

A little, but the main thing is that it's not so stiff and you gain some dynamics. It's kinda like going from a formica drum pad to an actual drum.
                    Stuff it... I'm gonna get my mate, Charles Cilia (Cilia Guitars) to put in the extra mags, and I will also by a new regulare DD to keep stored, plus get this custom shop DD hybrid from MJ, so I will make a you tube clip comaring them all and send it to you. BTW, I didnt like the diablo that much....
                    DARK ORDER - 'Cold war of the Condor', 'The Violence Continuum' & '5000 Years of Violence' available now.... www.darkorder.com.au

sigpic

"A true Metal-head displays from the heart alone, not by what image is portrayed. For many are around the well, but none are in the spring"

Comment

BTW... I know I had a bad experiance with the Painkiller in the past... I never played the thing CRANKED directly into my TSL Marshall, do you reckon its worth buying another? Maybe I can ask Tim to wind one not 15Kohm, but 16Kohm like a DD.... opinion???

sigpic

Comment

...bump....

sigpic

Comment

what did you not like about the pain killer?

Comment

Originally posted by metalmachine View Post
                            what did you not like about the pain killer?
                            Originally it was that it has this hollow low mids, like a very stringy effect, gretchish... but a couple of youtube clips make the thing the very sound I'm kind of looking for. It also doesn't slam the front end of the Marshall like the SH6 DD does... so.... bit lost

sigpic

Comment

I don't know the Painkiller man, I thought it was pretty much a DD with the triple mags/Dirty Fingers thing. I def wouldn't think it would be hollow or gretsch-ish, unless maybe it was wired parallel.

I know the PK is one of the more popular Bareknuckles, I hate to tell you, but I think you might have had it wired wrong. They use a different color code from Duncan or DMZ, red is hot, black is ground, and white/green go together.

Comment

I don't know the Painkiller man, I thought it was pretty much a DD with the triple mags/Dirty Fingers thing. I def wouldn't think it would be hollow or gretsch-ish, unless maybe it was wired parallel.

I know the PK is one of the more popular Bareknuckles, I hate to tell you, but I think you might have had it wired wrong. They use a different color code from Duncan or DMZ, red is hot, black is ground, and white/green go together.
                                You could be right, it wasn'T new, bought it on ebay, so maybe i should get one direct from bkp

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X