Clear All

• neck SC to balance a bridge SDS-1 ?

Looking to slap together a mongrel strat just for fun
    and the bridge pickup of choice is a DMZ SDS-1

blame that on my healthy Jake E Lee addicition

anyways, research has showed me that the neckspot is
    naturally louder than the bridge one, due to more string vibration,
    so since the SDS-1 is a loud monster by itself, what could
    I put in the neck slot to math the bridge output wise?

/R

Re: neck SC to balance a bridge SDS-1 ?

I'm not sure what to pair a SDS-1 with other than another SDS-1? The SDS-1 is a dirty hairy beast so finding something that will blend with it is hard. Maybe the Rio Grande Dirty Harry? I would be tempted to turn one of the tone controls into a bass cut.
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 08-11-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
      I'm not sure what to pair a SDS-1 with other than another SDS-1? The SDS-1 is a dirty hairy beast so finding something that will blend with it is hard. Maybe the Rio Grande Dirty Harry? I would be tempted to turn one of the tone controls into a bass cut.
      Maybe the Dirty Harry JR. The Dirty Harry to me is just as loud if not louder than an SDS1. Even the JR is an 11k pickup where the SDS1 is 9. Yeah i know thats not the only measure of output but the rios are damn loud ill tell you that.
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
        Maybe the Dirty Harry JR. The Dirty Harry to me is just as loud if not louder than an SDS1. Even the JR is an 11k pickup where the SDS1 is 9. Yeah i know thats not the only measure of output but the rios are damn loud ill tell you that.
        I really can't think of anything else built like a P90 that has the same tonal properties except with less output?

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
          I really can't think of anything else built like a P90 that has the same tonal properties except with less output?
          Me either I used it with texas specials which really didnt balance and werent the same tonally but worked for what i was after.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I like the SDS-1 a lot better with fillister screws than hex's. With fillisters it sounds a lot like a P90.

Comment

Working...
            X