HSS Mexi_Strat w/Lace ltBlue/LaceGold/JB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS Mexi_Strat w/Lace ltBlue/LaceGold/JB

I took the plunge and restocked my HSS mexi-strat with a Light Blue Lace Sensor in the neck, Gold Sensor in the middle and SD JB in the bridge. This thing sounds incredible now. It will cover everything from Trower-Clapton-Gilmoure-Rhodes and Nugent....And everything in between. The JB IS noticeably hotter in the 1 position, but it's suppose to be I reckon. Experimenting now with the pickup height. I got them in the ballpark from Fenders website, now is time to tweek. Any comments or suggestions?
    Last edited by sky dog; 08-11-2012, 09:29 AM.

Re: HSS Mexi_Strat w/Lace ltBlue/LaceGold/JB

Congrats on the upgrade! I also have a JB in the bridge of my Mexicaster. ISnowdog posted something a long while back that I tried and liked a lot on this guitar. Adjust your bridge pup down a good number of turns, then bring the screw poles out above the flat work a bit. Try to match the individual pole heights to the radius of the strings in the area where they pass over the polls, then adjust the overall height of the pickup to suit. I feel like it made the pickup response seem a little less "in your face" powerful and helped it balance a little better with the others...still a very strong voice though. Also, it made it easier to coax out some "strat-ish" tones...Blackmore, Rory Gallagher. Snowdog's post explains the steps better than I have...If I can find it, I will repost the link...
    Last edited by jammertom; 08-11-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Stagger the poles...great idea. Thanks Jammertom

Comment

What pots are you using with the JB, 250K? I was thinking of throwing one in the bridge of my Lace-equipped guitar.
        -
        Austin
        "Brobucker? Does it smell like Axe body spray, Smirnoff Ice, and is best suited for playing Nickleback covers?"

Comment

I'm not really sure. I have not changed them....yet. Stock pots are 250K I think.

Comment

Working...
          X