SH-5 or SH-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-5 or SH-6?

Which has a tighter low end and is better for drop tunings?

Re: SH-5 or SH-6?

DD is tighter overall and really shines with drop tunings. I actually prefer the DD in drop C or B. it is very tight and shredding. more midrange bite than sh-5. If you do really fast one-note picking, this is the one.

The sh-5 custom is warmer overall. not as bright on the top end but has a huge bludgeoning bottom end. Not too much huge, but punch you in the gut huge. a little looser in the mid range especially when there is a lot going on. It really shines on palm mute chugging stuff and really big arena rock power chords.

I like them both very much and they will both do metal music just fine. the sh-6 (to me) is straight metal, modern or 80's and thrash. the sh-5 is metal or hard rock, bluesy rock, stoner rock (whatever).

My favorite right now is a custom/jb hybrid with ceramic mag. To me, its the best of both worlds. And I play low tuned metal and rock and roll

hope this helps

Comment

Re: SH-5 or SH-6?

I agree about the DD being tight. I don't like the brittle sounding high end of the ceramic mag, but an A8 fixes that really well while keeping all of the other goodness about the DD.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
      X