banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P90's & Jazzmaster pickups - so damn noisy, but so damn good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90's & Jazzmaster pickups - so damn noisy, but so damn good...

Just slapped a set of Antiquity Jazzmaster pickups into my guitar tonight and I haven't heard a pickup sound this great clean or dirty since listening to my buddy's old Gibson LP Special double cutaway.

Another great one is the Phat Cat... I'm really starting to understand the love for these types of pickups.

But they're so damn noisy! Taking your hands off the strings with any amount of gain results in the "bzzzzzzz!" from hell.

But oh, they're so tasty sounding. The primitive design just keeps things sounding soooo raw and rock and roll.

I'm lovin' them...
    "I shall allow this GAS bubble to pass, a mere fart in time." - Aceman

Re: P90's & Jazzmaster pickups - so damn noisy, but so damn good...

I've just recently gotten into Jazzmasters when I found out that Mike Eizinger and Nels Cline uses them. My next guitar ma actually be a Classic Players Jm. I may also get a set of the ant IIs to put in it if I am not crazy about the stock ones.

Comment

I'm using the Ant I's and they sound fantastic-- I'm just using a single 500K volume right now (no tone knob) as opposed to the Jazzmaster-standard of dual 1meg pots for volume & tone.

Comment

The noise is worth it. Just put your hands on the strings, turn the volume down between songs, and/or get a good noise gate.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Comment

Ha! I've been playing that riff on the Jazzmaster since I put it together!

Rock on!

Comment

Working...
            X