Should I or shouldn't I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I or shouldn't I?

Hey I installed Quarter Pounders in my Strat and the sound is pretty doggone good. But I also have a full size humbucker on hand, the JB in Zebra. I'm just debating whether or not to install it and give it a go.

I hear good things about the JB. My Quarter Pounder in the bridge sounds more chunky and larger than any of the other single coils or even vertical humbuckers I've used, but I'm thinking maybe I'd like to hear even a bit more chunk and beef you know?

Would a full size humbucker be a substantial increase in thickness over the Quarter Pounder, or just a small one?

Re: Should I or shouldn't I?

About the only humbucker that I have heard that matches well with a QP is the GFS Bigmouth. The Bigmouth sounds more like a QP than a humbucker.
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 08-15-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Jake E. Lee runs a JB in the bridge with Dimarzio SDS-1s in the neck and middle. Seems to me a person can run any combo he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by 357mag View Post
        Jake E. Lee runs a JB in the bridge with Dimarzio SDS-1s in the neck and middle. Seems to me a person can run any combo he wants.
        JB's and SDS-1's are a closer match than you might think. They are both wooly with thick midrange and sharp treble.

Comment

Working...
        X