Which screws and springs do I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which screws and springs do I use?

I was opening up the box on my JB Trembucker and in a plastic pouch were two really long screws and very long springs. If I put this JB in my Strat do I just use the screws and springs that I've been using (the default Strat stuff) or do I use the long things?

Re: Which screws and springs do I use?

Use the ones you had before. The longer ones are to use with humbucker rings.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Do you have an HSS Strat, or an SSS Strat? The single coil Strat screws and springs won't work with a humbucker. If you have an HSS Strat, you could try the stock screws to see if they fit the threads on the humbucker; they should. If not, you can use the SD screws, but shorten them.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I have an American Special. It's routed for a full size humbucker in the bridge. Those screws that came with the pickup are really, really long.

Comment

If your stock screws won't work, just chop those off and then smooth out the burrs. or buy shorter ones. Any guitar store should have them in stock.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Are you kidding me? All that is here where I live is Schmitt Music, and that store is a joke.

Comment

Working...
            X