banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable measurement for earth wire to bridge stud?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable measurement for earth wire to bridge stud?

Just following that thread I posted about how much was there wax there was in those Cort Source pups. Whilst I did ask this over there, the chances are it won't get much attention, so thought I'd repeat it here.

As previously mentioned, I decided I'd replace all the wiring if I'm dropping a set of Seths in there. Whilst I was in there, I measured the earth to the bridge stud through to the components. It measures 13.6 ohms - is that an acceptable measurement, or should I pull the stud and redo it?
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Re: Acceptable measurement for earth wire to bridge stud?

From the ground of any component to any other component, including bridge stud, the resistence should be close to zero. 13.6 ohms is pretty high. Check all of your connections/solder joints.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: Acceptable measurement for earth wire to bridge stud?

I guess I may as well close this thread, given the Doc answered me on the original post.
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
      X