Help with magnet types and where to get them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with magnet types and where to get them

I have been reading about changing magnets in pickups to get a different sound/character and I am intrigued. Can anyone elaborate more? The differences between A2's, A3's, A4's, A5's, and A8's.......... I dont really care for Ceramics.. to harsh to my tastes and lack warmth... Oh yeah, what about the UOA5's.... I have heard of these in the forums, but never before I am REALLY intrigued by these and what they could do.
    Also, where can I get purchase these pickups. I looked at Stew-Mac and they only have A2's and A5's, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Help with magnet types and where to get them

Welcome to my eBay Store. Please add me to your list of favorite sellers and visit often. Thank you for your business.

HTH,

Comment

Thanks for the link. Still trying to learn what magnet does what.... how each changes pickup's characteristics

Comment

Originally posted by kbs60 View Post
        Thanks for the link. Still trying to learn what magnet does what.... how each changes pickup's characteristics
        Use the search function.

There are literally HUNDREDS of threads talking about the different magnets and their sound.

Look after blueman335 posts. He's the one that wrote about it the most.

HTH,

Comment

Working...
        X