Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Pickup to go with Invader?

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I had a dig around with not much luck).

I'm changing the pickups on my MIM Fender Strat and plan on sticking an Invader in the bridge and a single-coil sized pickup in the neck, 3-way switch with one volume.

I mainly play punk/rock such as Descendents, Ramones, Screeeching Weasel etc and am looking for a neck pickup for bridges and simple lead stuff. I've been looking at Cool Rails, Hot Rails and the Little '59 but am unsure what would suit the set-up best?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys might have!

Re: Neck Pickup to go with Invader?

I will +1 the Hot Rails. I sold my strat that had em, kinda regret it. Never tried the other ones though, but I definitely loved the Hot Rails for that Iron Maiden sound, and I'm sure they could be dialed back a little if you don't like how immensely hot they sound if you like lighter punk. Maybe this is what the Cool Rails are for though xD

Edit

Oh, and I guess it's levels would be on par with the Invader, and probably compliment it well. You'd have your really raw invader tone, but for your simple leads or for standing out in a mix, I think the Hot Rails would give you what you need to punch through.
    Last edited by Shadow1psc; 08-20-2012, 02:56 PM.
    SBMM JP70 "Shadow" - ESP Horizon "Violet" - Charvel Model 5 "Cherry" - Ibanez S570 "Beast" - Ibanez RG470 "Penny" - Ibanez RG4Ex1 "Azure" - Fender Strat "Candy"
    Mi Familia

Comment

Quarter pounder anyone??? A lil demon might work well also.....

Comment

And what about a lace sensor red in The bridge? I have one and for punk rock is perfect !
        I don't like The invader you can't get Clean sounds , The hot rail is better than it.

Comment

And in The neck position you can put a lace sensor silver it is very fat and sound very 80's

Comment

I have a current setup of Invader in the bridge, and am EMG hz in the neck, very, VERY nice combination.

Comment

Working...
            X