NPDx2: Broadcaster Lead and another Zhangbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPDx2: Broadcaster Lead and another Zhangbucker

I got 2 new pups last night, a Broadcaster Lead and a Zhangbucker Brownbucker A4.

First the Zhang, This thing is incredible! 9.2k A4 PAF. It is in my Epi Sheraton along with a Zhangbucker Woodbucker 7.6K A3. I have to admit I originally wanted a Slugbucker (8.3K A2) for the bridge but found a great deal on this Brownbucker and couldn't pass it up.

Clean it has plenty of hot PAF mojo with fuller mids. This pickup is very well balanced. Articulation is second to none and everything I threw at it put a massive smile on my face. It is a great companion to the Woodbucker as well. Where it really blew me away was under some gain. Light gain it is a blues monster, a very well balanced PAF with some balls. Under more gain it was classic rock heaven! I'm not a VH fan, but you could definately hear some of that Brown Sound in there. The saturation is incredible, harmonics are a breeze. I found it hard to put it down.

David, you have magic in those hands! Once again I am blown away

The Broadcaster Lead...This pup is really special. It went into a Classic Vibe Telecaster Custom, which is rumored to have Tonerider pups as stock. The stock neck was too warm and muddy, it recently got replaced by an SSL-1 and sounds perfect in that guitar. The stock bridge was weak and thin. The Broadcaster fattened it up yet still retains the massive treble that Teles should have. Ballsy on the low end and biting on the high end, perfect. The middle position is so quacky and spanky. These 2 Duncans transformed this guitar into one that I will be playing a lot more often.
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Re: NPDx2: Broadcaster Lead and another Zhangbucker

No Zhangbucker love?
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Comment

I'm a fan...
      Generic signature line.

Comment

Originally posted by Push to Shuv View Post
        No Zhangbucker love?
        Big, big Zhang love here......as much as you dig the broadcaster pup, (and they are damn good pups) have a go with Zhangs Paul Bunyan wind. Amazing tele bridge pickup.

Dave's humbuckers are from another planet! Have yet to try the Brownbucker, but his PureHandwounds are a thing of tonal beauty....

Comment

Long time no see, Teleblooz. How is everything in the Pacific Northwest?
          Generic signature line.

Comment

The Broadcaster was a b-day gift from my best friend. I'm really diggin it.

The Brownbucker wasn't originally on my list of Zhangs to try but man, it really blew me away. The guy who sold it to me is already asking if i'd sell it back haha.

I should also note that the Zhangs are my first experience with A3 (Woodbucker) and A4 (Brownbucker) magnets. I really like them both a lot.

I'm still waiting for an opportunity to get a set of Pagey 2s to try in my Les Paul. The Ants are amazing but I am dying to try the Pageys as the two Zhangs I have are hands down some of the best pups I have ever tried. I was actually counting the other day and I have tried 33 or 34 some pickups, most of them humbuckers.

David thanks again for the incredible work, Ol Scratchy has a new companion. This BB4 is zebra as well and they look killer in the Sheraton
            PRS Singlecuts
            Epiphone Sheraton II
            Vintage acoustics

Comment

Where's that THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PHOTOS emoticon when you need it?
              Generic signature line.

Comment

Haha I can try to post some pics in the next day or 2. I'm actually flying out to Oregon in the morning
                PRS Singlecuts
                Epiphone Sheraton II
                Vintage acoustics

Comment

love my Zhang...

Gonna need to order one of these brownbuckers you speak of.

How mismatched are the coils?

Comment

There is a definite mismatch, but I don't know the specifics. I'm sure David will chime in
                    PRS Singlecuts
                    Epiphone Sheraton II
                    Vintage acoustics

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                      Long time no see, Teleblooz. How is everything in the Pacific Northwest?
                      Yes, long time my friend!! Things are well here in this beautiful part of the counrty. Lots and lots of changes over the past year.....but it's good. I'll shoot you an email soon to catch up. BTW, love your website. Hope things are well with you!

Comment

Somewhere in the 0.7 to 0.9 range...
                        Generic signature line.

Comment

Working...
                        X