banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First magnet swap success and an very impressed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First magnet swap success and an very impressed!

Did my very first magnet flip and love it, i put a A8 in the custom TB5 i have and it is so much better i changed my mind about getting rid of it!
    Why is this C8 not a production model? it is the best of the customs,i tried the sh11,TB5, sh14 and this one just has bits off ll those in one model
    Excellent deals with,
    Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
    Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
    slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
    guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
    51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
    king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Re: First magnet swap success and an very impressed!

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION View Post
    Why is this C8 not a production model? it is the best of the customs,i tried the sh11,TB5, sh14 and this one just has bits off ll those in one model
    Many of us agree. It's a mystery why it's not in production.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Hey, now that the 59/Custom hybrid is an actual SD model maybe it will be.

Also, you CAN order a Custom 8 directly from SD as a Production Floor Custom (like I think you could on the 59/Custom Hybrid some time ago).
      Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
      I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
      Originally posted by That90'sGuy
      Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post

Also, you CAN order a Custom 8 directly from SD as a Production Floor Custom (like I think you could on the 59/Custom Hybrid some time ago).
        Oh i did not know that! in that case no problem then,since these are the same price as a regular duncan would be.
        I am very impressed with the Custom 8,i was not expecting to be this floored,i plugged in and hit one chord and was like WOW!
        I am really new to all this pickup swapping and magnet flipping but am havin a lot of fun with it. I can see why the guys here get into this stuff,you can basically make you own tone
        Excellent deals with,
        Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
        Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
        slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
        guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
        51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
        king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

Based on your nickname and avatar, you like to play heavier styles. If you were more like a classic rock man, I would say: wait until you try the Custom UOA5. =)

Comment

yeah, there are a lot of us who love the C8. Its just a wonderfully diverse pickup that can do many styles of music really well and just sounds fantastic. The beauty of it is, you have the custom which is a crazy good pickup in itself, then buy an A8 mag and you have an exceptional pickup. it's like 2 completely different pickups in one. then get an A2, and A3, A4, A5, UOA5 and big ceramic and you have a myriad of tones to play with all with that one custom wind!!! Many of us love the custom because it is so versatile and is hard to sound bad no matter what mag is in it. Some really love the big ceramic that's in the DD with the custom. Buy some mags and let us know what you think

Comment

What dealers do you use for Shop Floor Customs now? I used to order from Wymore and his store is no more.

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
                What dealers do you use for Shop Floor Customs now? I used to order from Wymore and his store is no more.
                John Wymore sold the business, the new owner with the same name's still up and running.

HTH,

Comment

Working...
                X