Seth Lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lovers

A few weeks back I popped in here and asked for directions while looking for new pick-ups for my Carvin SH550, and I was steered toward the Seth Lover set.
    Well, you were right! These pick-ups made a big difference in my opinion of that guitar. It has become my favorite and I'm a guy that's been playing Strats for 30 years because I can't stand a muddy sounding neck pick-up.
    The Seth Lovers are clear and warm, but fat and juicy at the same time. I love playing the neck pick-up. Well, the bridge is good too, but for me the sound I want there has always been easier to find. I do think the SLs do both positions better than any I have ever tried. And that includes '59s and the JB/Jazz combo.
    OK, new day, right? And a new guitar on order. Going to be another Carvin, but a solid body in the tradition of the Les Paul. The model is a CS6M. Mahogany/maple body, mahogany neck, rosewood board. And I'm already thinking about a pick-up swap. The stock pick-ups may work, I don't know. My SH550 has an ebony board and is a semi-hollow body of sorts, and teh SLs are just fantastic in it. Will they work well in my new guitar also? I'll have to try them and I'll find out. Oh well, that's a couple of months away. But I am really impressed with the Seths!

Re: Seth Lovers

Most guys who try Seth's feel the same. One of the great PU's
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Re: Seth Lovers

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Seth in the neck, but the Seth bridge was pretty stunning to me in how great it was. I generally don't like PAF's in the bridge, but the Seth was wonderfully rude!
      -
      Austin
      "Brobucker? Does it smell like Axe body spray, Smirnoff Ice, and is best suited for playing Nickleback covers?"

Comment

Working...
      X