Help with wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wiring

I have a 1984 Schecter with 2 humbuckers. 5 way lever, 3 way mini toggle, 1 volume and 1 tone. A local guitar mechanic decided to experiment with my guitar wiring when he was putting new frets in. This idiot in Surrey, BC did not make a diagram before he started to mess around and when I got my guitar back my tones were different and my phase did not work as it originally did.

This Schecter was a custom when I bought it back in Oct/85. Does anyone have a diagram or a suggestion who I can contact for my wiring dilemma. Seymour Duncan, Dimarrzio, Schecter, and other sites do not have a diagram that is specific to this vintage guitar.

Thanks!

Tim
    Last edited by 84-Schecter; 08-27-2012, 10:40 PM.

Re: Help with wiring

welcome to the forum!

the 3 way phase switch is what confuses me. a phase switch is usually only 2 way. in or out of phase.

Comment

Hey Jeremy,

It is a 3 way mini toggle. When the toggle was in the up position all the sounds from the the 5 way, accept the center position, were thin and bony. Middle they became more bodied and down they were full on. The one distinction is as I mentioned before, the only position this mini toggle had no affect on was the center position. Definitally custom wiring that I have not been able to pull off the internet.

T

Comment

What's the model name?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure why the model name helps. They usually operate on a (on/off/on) or a ( on/on/on) basis. Why does the model make a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            welcome to the forum!

the 3 way phase switch is what confuses me. a phase switch is usually only 2 way. in or out of phase.
            Originally posted by 84-Schecter View Post
            Hey Jeremy,

It is a 3 way mini toggle. When the toggle was in the up position all the sounds from the the 5 way, accept the center position, were thin and bony. Middle they became more bodied and down they were full on. The one distinction is as I mentioned before, the only position this mini toggle had no affect on was the center position. Definitally custom wiring that I have not been able to pull off the internet.

T
            I wonder if this wasn't a split/series/parallel switch?

Do you have any pictures or sound clips?

Why was your tech messing with the wiring in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by 84-Schecter View Post
              Why does the model make a difference?
              A model name would help narrow down what schematics to look for. Right now all we know is it's a Schecter and is from the 80's. It's like saying I own a 2005 Ford and it needs repairs.

Comment

I do believe it is of the Saturn family. There is no model name on it. Like I mentioned in an earlier correspondence the only place Shhecter is named on this guitar is it was branded by an iron on the body between the neck. I will try to post a pic of it.

Comment

I really have now idea why he messed with it. I could only presume that business was slow and he was bored.

Comment

Eric, if you look at my profile you should see a pic of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X