banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what pickups have everybody put an Alnico 8 in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what pickups have everybody put an Alnico 8 in?

a JB, a Custom, a C/JB hybrid, a JB/C hybrid, a Full Shred.

in the FS, it just didn't work out well. in the others, it took everything up a notch. lows, mids, highs, output. used the JB8 and the C8 the most. gave me ear fatigue and ended up putting everything back to stock. nothing wrong with it worked in them (outside of the FS), they just weren't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE DISTORTION View Post
      I have a jazz in stock form so the AII will bring it to a more "APHII pro" tone?
      The APH and the Jazz, even with the same A2 magnet, are tonal polar opposites:

The APH is smooth and sirupy, the Jazz is sharp and articulate.

If you ask me, an A2 modded Jazz set sounds like what I imagine an original PAF set should've sounded when it was brand new in 1959.

HTH,

Comment

I've only put one in a '59/custom hybrid. I also used a row of hex screws as well, and it Djents like nothing else, like to the point I'm considering a row of invader screws. I also use a Alt. 8 often.
        My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
        The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
        Originally posted by CTN
        I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
        FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Originally posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
          I've only put one in a '59/custom hybrid. I also used a row of hex screws as well, and it Djents like nothing else, like to the point I'm considering a row of invader screws. I also use a Alt. 8 often.
          did you like the A8 in the hybrid?

anybody like to compare that one with the C8?

Comment

Originally posted by dvanburen View Post
            did you like the A8 in the hybrid?

anybody like to compare that one with the C8?
            I do like the over all EQ of the pickup, but I think the hex screws make it a little to thin. Like there is plenty of bass and mids, but it just doesn't have very much girth. I'm using it in a maple neck-through guitar though.
            My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
            The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
            Originally posted by CTN
            I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
            FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

My favorite A8 pickups are the detonator and in the invader (replacing the three mags). JB and DD are cool, but I moved on from them. C8 is just OK to me, I like the big ceramic custom better. I think I'm gonna try one in the PATB-1 I've got coming this week.

Comment

In the drawer ....Too much attack

Comment

Custom, full shred, JB, hamer SS dimarzio.

The custom8 is my go-to pickup for hard(ish) rock and metal for light weight guitars.

The FS8 is my go-to for the same styles in heavier guitars.(same tone but less boomy)

The JB is hopeless no matter what magnet you put in it....except a double ceramic to make it a DD. Maybe the JB sounds good in something, but nothing i own.
                  Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                    My favorite A8 pickups are the detonator and in the invader (replacing the three mags). JB and DD are cool, but I moved on from them. C8 is just OK to me, I like the big ceramic custom better. I think I'm gonna try one in the PATB-1 I've got coming this week.
                    How'd the Invader sound with an A8 in it?
                    -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                    I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                      In the drawer ....Too much attack
                      Reduce the tension and the TPL, use no scatter and you'll be able to tame the "too much" attack.

HTH,

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                        Reduce the tension and the TPL, use no scatter and you'll be able to tame the "too much" attack.

HTH,
                        wow

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                          wow
                          Sorry, I forgot this:

Comment

Originally posted by SrDeMaFp View Post
                            How'd the Invader sound with an A8 in it?
                            Like a darker poor man's version of the alnico Warpig.

Comment

Working...
                            X