banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to change the pickup covers on the JB, Jr or Lil ' 59?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to change the pickup covers on the JB, Jr or Lil ' 59?

I'm looking to get a couple of pickups for my strat
    and see a ton of used white JB jr's and Lil '59's on eBay and Craigslist
    but I have a custom shop black pu on order and want all black pickups. Can the white ones be swapped out for black or is the pickup all a one piece housing?
    Thanks!

Re: Is it possible to change the pickup covers on the JB, Jr or Lil ' 59?

If the cover can be removed it could be painted I would think. I have a lot of guitars with singles that I bought $$$ right that are the wrong color and that's my plan. Good luck.
    Good trades/deals with Dominus, Rich#6, Lazyfingers, SAVAGE DISTORTION and ErikH.

Comment

No, they cannot be removed without destroying the pickup. Order a black one if you want a black one.

Comment

I colored mine with a sharpie.

Comment

Ok thanks for the heads up on the pickups. I was almost going to get a white Lil 59-n because I saw one for $30. You guys saved me from some headaches!

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
            I colored mine with a sharpie.
            I have done it too. It looks pretty good. take the screws out first. It looks better with the screws shining.
            Great trades/transactions with checo, kjrocks (2x), ginoames (2x), guitarkid (2x), Ed Hunter, primo (2x), apar111, blueman335, King IzzO))), ArtieToo, lemonman, saladin, SAVAGE DISTORTION, surface54, and DonP. Excellent forum bros!

Comment

Working...
            X