banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackouts Modular Preamp with stacked single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackouts Modular Preamp with stacked single coils?

I know it was asked before but did not find an answer. Is it possible? has anyone out there try it? The problem I see is stacked SC have only 3 wires while the BMP expects 4 wires per pickup.

I really want to tray a PAF bridge and a stacked SC in the neck.

Thanks in advance
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Blackouts Modular Preamp with stacked single coils?

The BMP works exceptionally well with stacked singles. I used to hate the older style stacks, they don't sound anything like a real single to me. Then, I finally figured out how to use their unique sound. They are dark & weak, but have a very pure fundamental to them. They still don't sound like a Strat(I'm only talking about the earlier stack designs--they've come a long way), but it's a very usable sound. However, they took a lot of rig changes vs other p'ups to sound right. Now, running the stacks through the BMP, I can swap guitars back & forth w/those and humbucker equipped guitars w/o having to make big changes in amp/fx settings.

Many of the stacks come with 4-conductor wiring. The DiMarzio HS-1,2,3,4,YJM and the older Duncan stacks (I don't have their newer + designs) come with full-length 4+grnd wires. So, they wire up just fine to the BMP. The newer Dmz designs still have 4-conductor, but the series-link wires are short & pre-soldered. They can still be separated and lengthened to use w/bmp, though.

Comment

Working...
    X