Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mathup for the SD custom bridge

hi Seymour Duncan forum

i am looking for a good neck pickup to go with the SD custom bridge. i play metal and need a good neck pickup for nice cleans and some leads

Re: Best mathup for the SD custom bridge

Please give some more information -guitar, amp, and sounds you are going after. This will help us give you better answers.

Just off the top, I like the Jazz and 59 with the custom in the bridge.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

My two favorites are the Jazz and AII Pro, both for slightly different reasons and purposes. For what you're saying, the Jazz would do nicely.

Comment

what kinda sound are you looking for? fat and warm? bright, cutting, articulate? sweet and chewy? just plain clear?

Comment

I'd say either the 59 or if you want more power that Screamin Demon.
          2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
          2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
          2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by eman98 View Post
            hi Seymour Duncan forum

i am looking for a good neck pickup to go with the SD custom bridge. i play metal and need a good neck pickup for nice cleans and some leads
            APH II pro or a 59n
            Excellent deals with,
            Frank falbo,Rockstarnick,SrDeMaFp,Joyouswolf,SFW,gpengui ns
            Jacksontrader,Latsmcgee,IndySG,Ghostmaker,
            slaveunit,atreidesheir,appar111,ex-250,dominus,
            guitarkingdomworks,appar111,ginoames,chickencoop,
            51501984,guitarfreak,notesfield,raybarbeemusic,
            king izzo,Tone scavenger,Heem6,Checo,metalmachine,MetLking

Comment

59n is always a safe bet with the Custom. I currently have an Epi LP that has a Custom in the bridge paired with an APH-2n Slash model in the neck. Good together and also gives me great versatility.
              MEMBER OF THE SACRED ORDER OF THE STONECUTTERS

Comment

Originally posted by eman98 View Post
                hi Seymour Duncan forum

without knowing what type of guitar you have, it's just a guess, but.... considering you are asking "for nice cleans and some leads"...

for a stock pup the Full Shred neck is not bad. keeps things tight lows, articulate in the mids and a bit of bite in the highs. if you are into mag swaps, an A4 works well in this one.

if that has too much drive for you, look at the '59 or the Jazz. the '59 has a bit more drive and the Jazz is a bit cleaner. both are very nice with an A4 mag.

if you are in to mods, the Jazz/'59 hybrid neck with an A4 works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post

if that has too much drive for you, look at the '59 or the Jazz. the '59 has a bit more drive and the Jazz is a bit cleaner. both are very nice with an A4 mag.

if you are in to mods, the Jazz/'59 hybrid neck with an A4 works wonders.

Yep. The jazz/59 hybrid A4 is an amazing pickup. I like the Jazz screw coil with 59 slug the best. its more like a warmer fuller jazz. its great

Comment

For metal, I'd say jazzy McJazzerson, but i don't do metal with a neck pickup. So i use a 59.
                    Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

There is no correct answer, and we need more info to get you a good response.

59, A2P, Pearly Gates (my preference), and jazz are all solid choices, and a Demon, Distortion Neck, or Full Shred would not be out of the line depending.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I just loaded a Custom and Pearly Gates neck into a guitar last night. I had to raise the height of the Pearly Gates substantially for it to compete with the Custom, but it sure sounded good with it.
                        http://www.lonephantom.com
                        http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Working...
                        X