banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use an Invader neck model in the bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use an Invader neck model in the bridge?

I've heard it mentioned in passing before, but the search function is just landing anything using the words "Invader" and "neck," which would leave me sifting through a whole ton of completely unrelated posts to try and find a tiny scrap of info. So- anybody?
    Originally posted by Aceman
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Re: Anyone use an Invader neck model in the bridge?

It sounds like a good idea, it would be the Invader voice without the ludicrous output and maybe a bit tighter for the boomy neck position.

I use the invader bridge in my 7 string, tamed with an A2 magnet and the outer mags removed.

In conjunction with what I believe is the extra wide mahogany neck from the 7 string, it sounds exactly how I imagine heavy metal to sound, no other guitar I have sounds as amazingly heavy. It's a real, next century metallic distortion even in the 6 string range.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Re: Anyone use an Invader neck model in the bridge?

Yes I have ,I suppose to install an Invader a customer had ,before I installed it checked the dcr & It had no dcr
      it only read a little over 7k ,7.4k I think ? .once I figured it out
      I thought it had a shorted coil ,I did pick it down
      but the invader neck has a small cap wired between the coils to tame some of the treble
      you wont get a reading if you try to measure the dcr with a meter
      tonewise
      In the bridge I found it too bright & brittle

Comment

Working...
      X