Old Invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Invader

I just took apart a guitar that I built back in the late 80s and it had been sitting in my parents basement for awhile because it needed some work that I didn't have time to get around to completing.

I had put an Invader pickup in it back when I built it. When looking at it recently after finding the forums I saw that it had the sticker which reads "BJ".

I assume that means that it was wound by MJ. Can anyone confirm that I am correct in my assumption?

Also, I don't recall seeing too many old Invaders. Any thoughts on value? Is it worth about the same as a new one, more, less?

I will post pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks and have a good one!

Re: Old Invader

Yep it was wound by MJ but sorry no particular value in it. Its worth the same as any other used invader.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      Yep it was wound by MJ but sorry no particular value in it. Its worth the same as any other used invader.
      Not quite true. Depending on condition, I see some 80's Duncans hyped as "vintage" and being sold for a premium compred to new production models. True, not so much the invader, but for sure JB's and Customs.

Late 80's is on the edge of collctibility, but I have several early to mid 80's Duncans that are definitely at a premium.

I Just paid a hundred bucks for a late 70's /early 80's Custom. I've seen JB's from the same period go for close to a hundred also . A
      gain, the late 80's Invader is right on the cusp, but still could be worth more than a new production used one, but probably not as much as a brand new one .
      Last edited by MetalManiac; 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
        Not quite true. Depending on condition, I see some 80's Duncans hyped as "vintage" and being sold for a premium compred to new production models. True, not so much the invader, but for sure JB's and Customs.

Late 80's is on the edge of collctibility, but I have several early to mid 80's Duncans that are definitely at a premium.

I Just paid a hundred bucks for a late 70's /early 80's Custom. I've seen JB's from the same period go for close to a hundred also . A
        gain, the late 80's Invader is right on the cusp, but still could be worth more than a new production used one, but probably not as much as a brand new one .

Its absolutely true. He wasnt asking about JB's or Customs he was asking only about the invader. Any other collectibility in it is only in the mind of this forum. In the words of PT Barnum "Theres a sucker born every minute"
        "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
        you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I paid 75$ for a invader bj

Comment

I've been using Invaders for ages and I've seen a number of them coming and going but never noticed anything like that. They go used around the same price regardless of production year, at least around my place.
            Wackor
            Ørdøg
            NecroPolo
            Diabolus in Musica
            SIDrip Alliance
            Book of Shadows
            RKH

Comment

Originally posted by metalmachine View Post
              I paid 75$ for a invader bj
              TY
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
              X