banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to toggle from HSH to SSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to toggle from HSH to SSS?

I have A HSH setup with 5 way selector switch. I'm wanting to get the "Hot Rodded Humbucker™ ,SH-4 and SH-2 Set and a new S for middle. I know that they have 4 wire out for "trick switching" Is there a way to wire it to get the HSH and then just use one pickup from the humbucker to make it SSS like a strat? Maybe with a 10 way switch or a toggle switch?
    I've heard of people using a switch to break the humbucker and us it as a single but never with a HSH setup. If it can be done my Dream guitar will be finished

Re: Is there a way to toggle from HSH to SSS?

You could add a push/pull pot to split both the neck and the bridge humbucker at the same time. That will give you HSH and when split SSS (essentially)

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
      You could add a push/pull pot to split both the neck and the bridge humbucker at the same time. That will give you HSH and when split SSS (essentially)
      I agree, I used to have HSH with a Push/Pull tone pot, but you can use a switch. Actually there is an example in the wiring diagram that comes with your JB/Jazz and is available online too.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

There are also the options of...

Neck Full
        Neck Split
        Middle
        Bridge Split
        Bridge Full

or

Neck Full
        Neck Split/Middle
        Middle
        Middle/Bridge Split
        Bridge Full

or

Neck Full
        Neck Split
        Neck Split/Middle
        Middle
        Middle/Bridge Split
        Bridge Split
        Bridge Full

But if it were me I would go with a push/pull. Simple to switch, easy to wire, and it will sound good.

Comment

Working...
        X