X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggested humbucker for Telecaster?

Originally posted by papersoul View Post
    Hi all,

Appreciate all the suggestions. I have been running the Lil 59 for a while now.

I like it but not thrilled. I think I want to try the Custom Shop little Pearly Gates for Tele.

Any comments on this?
    If you want to, then do it! Use the 21 day return policy and get what you want.

Comment

I'm afraid no Duncan will please you. You want Tone Zone T.

Comment

Originally posted by elelpe View Post
        I'm afraid no Duncan will please you. You want Tone Zone T.
        Yes, I am thinking I am more of a Dimarzio and Rio Grande guy. Their pickups seem beefier to me.

Comment

Just got back from practice. The Tele sounded killer with the STK-T1n in the neck! KILLER! Lovethis neck pickup with 500K pots. The Little 59 i n the bridge had its moment but seems a touch too dark. May have to play with height or maybe try a 1 Meg pot.

So, this 2012 Tele is amazing in how it plays and sounds, but the bridge Little 59 needs more highs.

Comment

I am still an LP guy first but man this Tele rocks. Only complaint is the Little 59 is a little dark. I need to find a solution. Since I am a humbucker guy, if the 59 does not work out, I may order a Duncan custom shop Pearly Gates for tele or go the Dimarzio route with a chopper pickup.

Comment

Working...
            X