banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour still winding Antiquity single-coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour still winding Antiquity single-coils?

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to inquire as to whether anyone knows if Seymour still personally hand-guides all of the single-coil Antiquity pickups.

I ask this because I recently purchased a set of Antiquity 1955 Telecaster pickups and they didn't have an authentic Seymour signature on them. The pickups have (what looks like) a computer-printed signature and the hang-tags (while still having hand-written resistance values) had a stamped Seymour signature.
    All of the other packaging is 100% "correct", so I'm not suspecting a "knock-off" or anything like that.

So, has Seymour finally stopped winding these himself, or has he simply gotten tired of signing his name on each one?

Re: Seymour still winding Antiquity single-coils?

Every one I have seen has the stamped signature. I believe that Seymour and MJ are the only ones that wind the Ants, though I could be wrong
    PRS Singlecuts
    Epiphone Sheraton II
    Vintage acoustics

Comment

last i knew the ants were made in the custom shop so either seymour or mj like push said

Comment

And either way, they are made by very highly regarded winders
        PRS Singlecuts
        Epiphone Sheraton II
        Vintage acoustics

Comment

Oh, I definitely know my pickups are wound by a very talented person, I was just curious as to whether Seymour was still doing them himself.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Anyone know the answer to this one? I've often wondered who winds and has wound the Ants. over the years. They are indeed great pickups and by far my my favorite mod to all my guitars.

My oldest set is from around 1996 has a hand signed Seymour signature sticker on each pickup. However all my newer sets have the stamped sig.

Thanks!
            Last edited by deluxelespaul; 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X