praise the jb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• praise the jb

I took everyones advice and got a jb installed into my ephiphone les paul today. WOW it made my 200 dolllar epiphone sound as good or better my 800 dollar schecter. this is my first experience with real brand name pickups ( as opposed to stock) and they really make a difference. Anyway just thought id post my aprreciation for the people here and for SD. later

Re: praise the jb

my axe sounds just as good as some peoples custom axes... still feels cheap though

Comment

I love the JB. It has become my favorite SD pup.

Comment

glad you got happy with your epi .. yeah, the JB smokes in lots of applications .. not right for everything, but prolly should be in every guitarist's arsenal

cheers
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I am a firm believe of JB with 250K volume pot. It sounds so THICK. I don't understand why people *****ing about JB soudning too bright.
          "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
            I love the JB. It has become my favorite SD pup.
            +1
            I'm glad you took our advice and added awesome toneful masterpeice of a pick-up to your epiphone. Spread the word of the wonderful JB humbucker!
            Rock On
            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

The JB does it for me ! I always heard it was a harsh really trebely sounding pickup that lacked bass but in my Strat it sounds just the opposite , I love it!
              When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by brisk
                I am a firm believe of JB with 250K volume pot. It sounds so THICK. I don't understand why people *****ing about JB soudning too bright.
                I tried it with the 250k pot and it didn`t sound right. Using it with the 500k pot really opened it up. It sounded a bit compressed with the 250k pot.
                When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

now put it in the schecter
                  slade

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

hey i just bought a JB yesterday (new years eve). tight so this is how i start the year 2005. with a new pickup from seymour duncan. and all this time ive been wanting dimarzio but i chose the jb because the schecter c-1 classic comes stock with one and i love the sound of it. i just installed it myself yesterday and i tried it on my amp and it sounds good, but it doesnt sound WAY better than my old stock epiphone pickup. maybe i messed up? who knows but i do hear an improvement and more output.

Comment

yeah im going to put new sd's in my shecter when i get the money ( or a dimarzio tone zone and air norton). its got duncan designed pups modled after the distortion. I want that guitar to become my blues/ jazz/ classic rock guitar so i might put a jb/jazz in it, any other recommendations?

Comment

can't go wrong with the good ole JB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                        Suhr OD-50
                        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

GOOD NEWS:

I finally got my JB/59 in my Zakk Wylde LP.

That is sooo much better than the EMG HZ-pups: more harmonics, more dynamics, warmer tone, less noise from computer and a lot more sustain.

I am very happy.

I was afraid that the JB would be very bright, but that was not the case.
                          It is an excellent pickup for power (classic)rock and metal.
                          Palm mutes are great too!

So say the word: praise the JB.

Rocker_71
                          Rock on!

Bluesrock form the Netherlands!

Comment

I have one in my Epi LP too and its probably never coming out. As for the JB being bright it kind of depends. My Epi is not as bright (lesser woods/quality etc.), as a normal LP, so it was never overly bright guitar to begin with. So I use a 500K pots with the JB and it sounds great. I can imagine in a heavy wooded/very bright guitar that you would want to use a 350k, even a 250k with it as it may be overly bright. The JB I believe was designed with a 250K pot in mind. Point is it really depends on your guitar, the woods, and your set up as to what pot you use.

Comment

Working...
                            X