Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fugly Bucker - Come and Get it

here are a few quick & dirty phone pics. I like the sandblasting. it's a bit different on the blade than the staple but eh, it's called the fuglybucker, what do you expect

Comment

Love it! They actually have the name Fuglybucker on the sticker!

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1 View Post
        Love it! They actually have the name Fuglybucker on the sticker!
        Only this detail makes'em a collector's item of incredible value.

MJ did it again.

Long live the "Queen Of All Things Mojo"

Comment

I'm not sure I have any HH guitars I'd like to put a set in, but I'm definitely considering one for my black paisley Strat's bridge spot. Can't decide whether to go with the neck wind or the bridge wind, though. I like pickups wound on the light side, so I'm thinking I'll be happier with the neck wind. Then again, if I plan on running one of the two coils as the normal mode of operation, the bridge wind would probably be a better choice.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Haven't received mine yet, but then, I don't have a guitar to put them in yet. (I mean, I have a guitar, just not one set aside for them.) Speaking of which, should fuglyBuckers take to Mahogany or alder bodies better?
            "Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."
            - Marilyn Manson

Comment

I can't stop laughing that it actually says fuglybucker on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-Jaguar View Post
                Haven't received mine yet, but then, I don't have a guitar to put them in yet. (I mean, I have a guitar, just not one set aside for them.) Speaking of which, should fuglyBuckers take to Mahogany or alder bodies better?
                You should know how to deal with situation by now. So you don't know whether a mahogany or an alder body is better.

Here is a reminder:
                • Buy an Alder body guitar
                • Try it with the humbucker
                • Regardless of the outcome, buy a mahogany guitar
                • A Gibson historic or something like that, to be sure to give the bucker a fair chance, mok?
                • Try it with the humbucker
                • Get more necks for the Alder guitar just to be sure
                • Since you just ran out of buckers and since the forum discount won't last forever, buy a couple more of those

Comment

says Fuglybucker real big on the front of the box too

Comment

Want to see the box with Fuglybucker on it plz. Maybe it will come today we shall see.

Comment

I mean, it's a cool box but it just says "Fuglybucker Set" on it along w/ my name and a bunch of other pickup specs.

Think this would fit in a Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster w/ P-90's? or would those routs be too big?

Comment

I like the packaging. Very classy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FuglyBuckerBack.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	5763511Click image for larger version

Name:	FuglyBuckerBox.jpg
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	5763512
                        MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                        Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

YES! That's too awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]35589[/ATTACH]
                            I can't figure out how the rail bobbin holds on to the baseplate if there are no screws?

Is that bobbin glued to the baseplate?

Comment

MJ made these. It's magic!

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
                              I can't figure out how the rail bobbin holds on to the baseplate if there are no screws?

Is that bobbin glued to the baseplate?

Comment

I'd have to pull the tape to see how the bar bobbin is attached, but I suspect it's just hot glued on.
                                I'm hoping to get these installed by this weekend, if I can.

One thing I noticed, and it's only because I'd forgotten that these were Trembuckers and the 24-fret Agile I bought specifically to test these in is Gibson spaced. Doh.
                                The bobbins aren't lined up along the center, but along the left edge. (see pic)
                                Just curiosity on my part, but I'm hoping someone from the Custom Shop can provide an explanation if it was deliberate or if this was just a production decision.
                                Understandable, given the the Frankensteinian conception process.

Looking at this thing just reminds me of the Robot Chicken intro... IT LIVES!!!
                                lol

Totally cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FuglyBucker.jpg
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	5763525
                                MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                                Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Working...
                                X