Duncan JAzz Bass pups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan JAzz Bass pups...

I have an older MIJ Jazz bass that I got for a good price (FREE!!!), it sounds pretty good, but I know it can be better...I think Im gonna set it up like a "stack pot" Jazz...Im thinking about Antiquitys anybody got any ideas or have used any duncan Jazz bass pups...I do NOT zwant active or stacked pups...just old school single coil bass pups...

thanks

The guy who invented fire
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: Duncan JAzz Bass pups...

nobody???
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

BlackRose should know - he builds basses
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        BlackRose should know - he builds basses

thanks for the tip

Comment

If you go Antiquities I would suggest the II's. That's a lot of bucks to sink into an MIJ bass but they will have a good old school tone.

I ended up with Jazz Hot's in my personal MIJ. I like the added output and low end punch these provide over a vintage pickup.
          Last edited by John Wymore; 01-01-2005, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRose
            If you go Antiquities I would suggest the II's. That a lot of bucks to sink into an MIJ bass but they will have a good old school tone.

I ended up with Jazz Hot's in my personal MIJ. I like the added output and low end punch these provide over a vintage pickup.

It's a good bass...kinda beat up a bit, but a very good bass...early 80's MIJ Fender not squire, has a killer neck, and a good weight, but the pups are just ok...not killer but ok, I was thinking Antiquity II's and set it up like a stack pot jazz, and hope I would get an early Tom Hamilton type tone!

Comment

Sorry, for some reason I saw MIM not MIJ. By all means the MIJ's are great basses but a pickup upgrade and new wiring with good pots will be an improvement. I also have a 1990 MIJ Jazz that I have Duncan Vintage Jazz pickups in right now and it's strung with TI Flats. Very woody old school tone.

Comment

anybody else...

Comment

Working...
                X