No announcement yet.

what pickups do you still want to try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what pickups do you still want to try?

Way too much to count!

However, those that stick out:
    • 59/Custom hybrid both "stock" as well as the A8 / UOA5 variations
    • Pearly Gates, I have one and tried it in two guitars already, I LOVE the voicing but it is so low-end oriented and lacking in mids that I couldn't find a guitar that could accept it.
    • More hybrids! Specifically I have a Jazz that may soon be leaving its' guitar (I'm thinking of putting in the Fugly Bucker) and AT LEAST one 59 that will FOR SURE be leaving its' guitar (it was a place-holder to begin with). Two Jazz/59 hybrids anyone?
    • Also thinking of a JB/Custom hybrid but right now I have neither pickups as spare. The JB I have is never leaving its' guitar and I sold my Custom a while back.

There are a lot more I want to dabble with like the Full Shred (tried it but too sterile in that particular guitar), and the Screamin' Demon to name a couple, just that they're further down in my list of priorities
    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Am I the only one reading the thread title as
      "what pickups do you still want to fry"

P-94 comes to mind.

Comment

Seymour Duncan:
        78'
        Brobucker
        Screamin Demon

Dimarzio
        Gravity Storm
        Dominion
        At-1

Any Zhangbucker

WCR Ironman

Also some GFS pickups to see if they really are such a great value as many make them out to be. As cheap as they are I probably should have ordered some by now.

Comment

Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '78, YJMs (may happen soon), DiMarzio Norton, Injector bridge and neck singles. Wouldn't mind trying the EMG Het Set too.
          http://www.lonephantom.com
          http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Working...
          X