banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson SG: 2 Vol, 1 tone, one minitoggle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson SG: 2 Vol, 1 tone, one minitoggle?

Hi friends,
    First time poster, I'm sure this info is somewhere here, but it's quite intimidating to search. I'm putting an APH-1, and SH11 in a Gibson SG. I can't use push/pull pots because of the shallow depth of the control cavity. I would like to keep two volumes, a master tone, and then use the open tone hole for a mini-toggle to coil tap. Anyone with a wiring diagram for this option, I would be appreciative for it. Thanks!
    -joe

Re: Gibson SG: 2 Vol, 1 tone, one minitoggle?

This is is what you want. Just imagine the switch is on its own, otherwise the wiring is exactly the same.
    Originally posted by Jamie Hyneman
    When in doubt... C4
    "Biologists think they are biochemists,
    Biochemists think they are Physical Chemists,
    Physical Chemists think they are Physicists,
    Physicists think they are Gods,
    And God thinks he is a Mathematician."

"Physicists defer only to mathematicians, mathematicians defer only to God."

Comment

Thanks very much for the help!
      -joe

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaggy View Post
        http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...2h_2v_1t_3w_pp

This is is what you want. Just imagine the switch is on its own, otherwise the wiring is exactly the same.
        So this was exactly what I needed, but there's a bit of a hitch. On/On minitoggle wouldn't fit, and I broke about 3 of them trying to use some washers to keep it in the larger hole that the tone pot used to be in. So I had to order an On/On/On, it was the only one I could find online (which was surprisingly difficult) which would fit the pot holes. Ideally I would like to do normal/coil tapped/out of phase if that would be possible, and make use of all three positions. This doesn't seem to be quite it: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...h_2v_1t_3w_ssp. Any thoughts? Any help is appreciated

Comment

Working...
        X