Can you tell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell...

That this was recorded using noiseless single coils? Because I can't.

Just sounds like a beautiful HSS strat to me.
    Last edited by Agileguy_101; 10-22-2012, 10:20 PM.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Can you tell...

I'm much of the same opinion - maybe there's a fraction less top end, but that could just as easily be down to amp choice and settings, as well as anything else in the signal path. I often think we (around here) get way to hung up on this kind of stuff - if it sounds good, it is good, how we got there is pretty much academic.
    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

That is an awesome song. I love Andy Timmons, but that is the stupidest cover art I've ever seen. I think it might actually beat Creed's Human Clay.

AccountKiller

Comment

I'm not a fan of that tone in general but in regards to the noiseless thing I dunno that myself or anyone else could tell by that recording but that recording is a pre recorded, mixed, EQ'ed and mastered recording so any tonal shift from using noiseless pickups can for sure be done away with or changed...

My issue with noiseless pickups is how they sound for real in person...on a record you can do anything you want, live that's a different story.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

^^Truth. You just don't get something for nothing.

I remember when I was running the DiMarzio HS3 pickups in my Malmsteen strat. S#ittiest pickups ever. Unless I had my gain dimed, there was no definition at all.
          AccountKiller

Comment

Working...
          X