Rio BBQ Vs C5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio BBQ Vs C5

Could anyone tell me what would the big differance in tone be between these two p'ups.
    I have a BBQ in the bridge, and a Texas neck, the more I read about the C5, the more curious I become.
    I play blues/blues rock and DO NOT need massive gain.

Jon
    Scottish, born and bred.

Re: Rio BBQ Vs C5

I've used both pickups, and I much prefer the BBQ to the C5. The C5 has a ton of bass and a ton of treble, with scooped mids. The BBQ has a stong bass and midrange, with slightly pulled back highs. It's a warmer sounding pickup than the C5, and it has a little less output. I didn't like the C5 at all, it was too bright and bassy, and it had too much output.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
      I've used both pickups, and I much prefer the BBQ to the C5. The C5 has a ton of bass and a ton of treble, with scooped mids. The BBQ has a stong bass and midrange, with slightly pulled back highs. It's a warmer sounding pickup than the C5, and it has a little less output. I didn't like the C5 at all, it was too bright and bassy, and it had too much output.

Ryan

+1
      :afro:

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14

Ryan

After playing my guitar at obscenely loud volumes last night, I will keep the RIO's, superb, superb, superb.
        Scottish, born and bred.

Comment

Another vote for the Rio Grande BBQ. Far from being similar to the C5.
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Yea, the two pickups are polar opposites. C5= All top end and bass with very very little mid content. BBQ=Tons of mids, bass and body with a warm top end.

For what it is worth: I find the BBQ to be MUCH more powerful than the C5. Not even close. The C5 in my SG was easily overpowerd by the 59n in the neck, but the BBQ made the same 59n sound a bit hollow and anemic.
            Last edited by Mac-P; 01-04-2005, 12:31 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
            buggjuice.net
            MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X